Solved Port Forwarding Will Not Work

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by SDsilver, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SDsilver

Recently i have created my very first Bukkit server. Everything was running great...untill of course my friends could not connect to it. I could..and i realized this is because i was using my internal ip to connect rather than my external.

Specs:
    Im running Windows vista, 32 bit, Java 7, Build 1.2.5, Using Bukkit GUI Project, Running World Edit, simple spawn.

I have port forwarded on the port 25565 and i have a static ip and ive done anyhting i can think of to try and port forward correctly:

Its not a firewall issue, i took my firewall completely down and it still did not work.

I've been to portforward.com and i followed the tutorial for my router word for word. Ive also checked on canyouseeme.org and it keeps failing.

At this point i have no clue what to do...please help there's people counting on this server!

2. Offline

Mathieu Legault

ok so first are you connected to a router connected to the modem? if yes, you must port forward the router ip in the modem settings then your ip in the router settings. Sort of like : modem > router > PC.

Also, make sure the ip is blank in server.properties, that the forwarded ip is your ipv4.

Check if its working at this site. (while server is running!)
    http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

Bathlamos likes this.
  3. Offline

LexLaiden

If you have your own router but your modem is a Modem/Router then you need to set port forwarding in Modem/Router or set your Modem/Router as a bridge so YOUR router will dish out IP's

4. Offline

SDsilver

Sorry i haven't been able to respond for the longest period of time. It turns out that the problem was my router, it broke the night after i posted this so i had to wait and get a new one. Once i installed the new router and prot forwarded on it my server works. Thank You.

5. Hi.
    I have that kind of problem, I am connected to a router that is connected to a modem.
    Just a quick question.
    How do I get into my router settings?
    I am very noob when it comes to modems and routers and all those crap.

6. Offline

martabby

Open start, and type C:/Windows/System32/CMD , then once you open it type ipconfig
    Take your IPv4 address and type it into your browser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.