Port Forwarding not working

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Elbasel, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Elbasel

I Want To Port Forward To This Port 25565 ( For a Minecraft Server ) , But After I Did The Steps Mentioned In The Fourm As You Can See In The Attached Picture , But When I Try To Check The Forwarding Of The Port At Websites Like :http://www.canyouseeme.org/or Port Checking Software Or Even Trying To Connect To It Directly From Minecraft ( A Video Game )
    It Does not seem to work , i have tried everything i could to fix it , i have been looking for solutions for day now with no luck at all , i really hope that you can help me [​IMG]

Here is my ips :

Static Ip Adress : 192.168.1.150 ( Ip4 )

Router Internal Ip : 192.168.1.1

Exernal Ip Adress : 41.233.216.124

Subnet : 255.255.255.0
    Gateway : 192.168.1.1

Screen Capture : https://www.dropbox.com/s/zju02n5wtyvw3h5/009676.jpg

Note : I Tried Forwarding some other ports but i still get the same Outcome

I have avira Free Anti-virus Using Windows7 Firewall And Of course I Disables Both When Checking , plz help me , i am desperate

2. Offline

nlthijs48

Elbasel After you did the port forwarding in the router did you restart it? Sometimes a router does not forward the port untill a restart.

3. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Elbasel
    Let me ask you this. If your Minecraft server port isn't working... Is the FTP?

4. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

Did you login to your router? Also click here, it might be of some help.

5. Offline

Elbasel

HelpfulBeast

how do i test if the ftp is working ?
    i go to canyouseeme.com
    and test it , right ? well , if that is that way , it;s not
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/22jeylwbuof7sqr/1.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e28gtzgkzrgv48m/2.jpg

nlthijs48

i did restart my router sevral times

DrPyroCupcake

what do you mean login my router

@DrPyroCupcake

@HelpfulBeast
    @nlthijs48

ummm , it say this
    A port is marked as "filtered" when the packets are sent to that port, however packet filtering (e.g., firewall) prevents the packets from reaching that port.

should i put my internal ip in the server ip in the server properties file ?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  6. Offline

mrgreen33gamer

A little bit too much information sir. I would suggest you post that. Anyway about your problem please follow these steps:

1. Goto the start button on the left-hand bottom side of the screen
    2. Type in the box: cmd
    3. Type in cmd: /ipconfig
    4. Find at the top of the list your: Default Gateway
    5. Copy your Default Gateway and put it in the URL box on any search engine, Suggested: Chrome, IE
    6. Next load the page and a dialog box should show up saying: Please login or something else | Username | Pass
    7. Here are the list Username choices: Password or Admin | Password passwords: password or admin
    8. Login with those passwords, if you do not get passed this point, well, your screwed basically, sorry for language, proper term for that.
    9. Once you have logged in, you want to go to your Port Fowereding and Port Triggering place.
    10. Next you should have a place were it allows you put in a TCP and a UDP. Put 25565 for each and this is usually a feature that most routers include is your COMPUTER ip built-in to the Internets Network System or (INS)
    11. Once you have entered that, just save it, logout and then goto your server and put in the server.info or server.settings i think and put the 25565 as the port
    12. Start the server
    13. Open MC type this in direct connect or add a server: localhost or localhost:25565 or if you have another port just type: localhost:(Port-Numbers)
    14. Next: Login, Play, Enjoy, and leave a like :3

I hope this helped :3

Or another easy way is to go to YouTube and type: Bukkit how to make a Bukkit server xDDDDDDD

7. Offline

Sycholic

No. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Server.properties Set this if you want the server to bind to a particular IP. It is strongly recommended that you leave server-ip blank. Set to blank, or the IP you want your server to run (listen) on. Thats for multicomputing running 1 server basically. its always blank.

Secondly use DMZ zoning its alot easier then portforwarding. Also ISP can block incomming traffic regardless of forwarding it seems. I used to stream my own MP3 shoutcast stream from home and after changing to a new DOCSIS 3.x cable modem even with DMZ or PtFwd no-one can connect to the stream.

Also portforwarding requires a static IP. you cant be using DynamicIP assignments (which is always the default for home based routers and the computers that use them)

<snip!>

of course I went back and triple read the post but you did all of this like I roughly explained so I ended up deleteing 3/4ths of my post after the fact.... SO.... 1) try using DMZ instead of fowarding.... 2) either firewall on the server is blocking incomming packets or 3) possibly your ISP isnt allowing the incomming data either...

8. Offline

Elbasel

9. Offline

Sycholic

Well DMZ should be in your router menu just like portfowarding. basically DMZ takes all network traffic and if its not forwarded to somewhere or NAT transfered then that packet goes to your DMZ. basically its like having a comp plugged right into a modem and no router. It should be in your router setup menus. If the ISP is blocking... you cant... my ISP wont even admit its blocking me even though I know it is somehow. Since Ive been streaming from home for like 10 years and now I got a modem with wifi/router all in one nothing upstreams to it (even with the router completely disabled), but I do host a MC server from home sometimes and have no problems with DMZ and I did with forwarding why Im suggesting DMZ. DMZ aka Demilitarized Zone. Hope this helps.

EWWW FILTERED! disable your firewalls (temporarily of course) and do the scan again.

Also double check the IP of your network card in your MC/FTP box and what your forward addy is make sure dynamic addressing isnt the problem. I didnt see ya reply to make sure its not the problem. it can come up showing filtered if the port is open but since your forwarding nothing is on the listening end either. (dont show as dropped packets because the router infact has to take in the packet to look at where to send it, also some routers got F'n stupid built in firewalls also)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

Elbasel

11. Offline

seriosbrad

Set the host to your internal IP. Note that DMZ will open up all ports on the Router, your PC will now handle ports. DMZ should be a last resort, and honestly shouldn't even be considered. There is something being over-looked somewhere. Be sure that any software firewalls are properly configured when fiddling with your DMZ.

12. Offline

Sycholic

DMZ is your first line of defense infact, because basically everything goes there from now on. NAT is not a security method. It has a byproduct giving a level of security but it is easily also bypassed as well. If you cant trust the defense of your DMZ computer you shouldnt even have 'it or anything else' on the net. And this is also purely for testing methods as well no-one ever said keep it that way... eg. suggesting turn your firewall off obviously is not a permant solution either.

DMZ setup simple. same rules apply that you need to use for port forward. 'static IP/route' no dynamic assignment. set your DMZ to your IP of your MC/FTP server thats it. and going on your screenies set your dmz to 192.168.1.150 I see you got the built-in firewall off on the router turn off SPI (statefull packet inspection and you might wanna think keeping that off since it is infact SPI and your hosting a server..) also... Remember test connection at each thing you change also...this way when you find the source of the blocking you can then address it specifically... (debugging dropped packets inbound is such a pain...)

13. Offline

Elbasel

14. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

Port Forwarding
    You might ask “what is port forwarding?.” The definition is the technique of taking packets destined for a specific TCP of UDP port and machine, and 'forwards' them to a different port and/or machine. This is done 'transparently', meaning that network clients can not see that Port Forwarding is being done. So what it basically does is allows people to connect to your server. If you do not port forward your server will not work. You will port forward the port 25565. Simply follow these instructions.

1. Go to your start or search for a file on your computer
    2. Type CMD
    3. A box should pop up type ipconfig and hit enter
    4. Get the numbers (IP) from where you see Default Gateway
    5. Copy those numbers into your web browser
    6. Login into your router (your administrator password & username for your network/router)
    7. Look for my port forward section (if you can’t find it go to google and type in “how to portforward your type of router Ex: Netgear”)
    8. Look for where it says “application”, “name”, or “Add a new user-defined application” (or similar)
    9. Type in Minecraft after you click on it
    10. Where it says “protocol”, select “tcp/udp” option
    11. Next where it says Port (or Range) put From 25565 To 25565
    12. Then click Add to List (or similar)
    13. If this didn’t help try and go to youtube.com or http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ and try and find out how to port forward.
    Some useful links for port forwarding are:

I got this from a guide I am writing if you have any suggestions please let me know.

15. Offline

Elbasel

-_-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgyry6bbsgiw3b7/-_- (1).jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpuhtmdxm2inthv/-_- (2).jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctignic3c6mv3bd/3.jpg

read my post again

how do i stop the packets from being filtered ?

i get this when i do a net analyzer

Minor Aberrations

• Certain TCP protocols are blocked in outbound traffic [​IMG]
    • The network latency and packet loss were somewhat high [​IMG]
    • The time to set up a TCP connection was somewhat high [​IMG]
    • The network indicated bursts of packet loss [​IMG]
    • Network bandwidth may be low [​IMG]
    • Not all DNS types were correctly processed [​IMG]
    • Your IP address acts as a DNS server [​IMG]
    • Your DNS resolver returns IP addresses for names that do not exist [​IMG]
    • Only some root servers returned DNSSEC information [​IMG]
    • Your computer's clock is slightly slow [​IMG]
    • Direct TCP access to remote SMTP servers (port 25) is prohibited.
      This means you cannot send email via SMTP to arbitrary mail servers. Such blocking is a common countermeasure against malware abusing infected machines for generating spam. Your ISP likely provides a specific mail server that is permitted. Also, webmail services remain unaffected.
    • Direct TCP connections to remote PPTP Control servers (port 1723) succeed, but do not receive the expected content.
      The client received an empty response instead of our normal banner. This suggests that a firewall, proxy, or filter initially allowed the connection and then terminated it, either because it did not understand our server's reply or decided to block the service.
    • Network performance (?): Latency: 450 ms, Loss: 4.5%

The round-trip time (RTT) between your computer and our server is 450 ms, which is somewhat high. This may be due to a variety of factors, including distance between your computer and our server, a slow network link, or other network traffic.
      We recorded a packet loss of 4.5%. This loss rate can result in noticeable performance problems. It could be due either to significant load on our servers due to a large number of visitors, or problems with your network. All the packet loss appears to have occurred on the path from our server to your computer.
      TCP connection setup latency (?): 440ms

The time it takes your computer to set up a TCP connection with our server is 440 ms, which is somewhat high. This may be due to a variety of factors, including distance between your computer and our server, a slow network link, or other network traffic.
      Background measurement of network health (?): 1 transient outages, longest: 0.6 seconds

During most of Netalyzr's execution, the client continuously measures the state of the network in the background, looking for short outages. During testing, the client observed 1 such outages. The longest outage lasted for 0.6 seconds. This suggests a general problem with the network where connectivity is intermittent. This loss might also cause some of Netalyzr's other tests to produce incorrect results.
      Network bandwidth (?): Upload 220 Kbit/s, Download 860 Kbit/s

Your Uplink: We measured your uplink's sending bandwidth at 220 Kbit/s. This rate could be considered somewhat slow, and may affect your user experience if you perform large transfers.
    • DNS external proxy (?): Warning

Your host, NAT, or firewall acts as a DNS server or proxy. Requests sent to this server are eventually processed by 163.121.218.188.
      This is probably a bug in your NAT's firmware, and represents a minor security vulnerability.
      DNS results wildcarding (?): OpenDNS

You appear to be using OpenDNS. OpenDNS, by default, deliberately returns addresses even for domain names which should not resolve. Instead of an error, the DNS server returns an address of 67.215.65.132, which resolves to hit-nxdomain.opendns.com. You can inspect the resulting HTML content here.
      This is central to OpenDNS's business model. In order to support an otherwise free service, OpenDNS presents the users with advertisements whenever they make a typo in their web browser. You can disable this behavior through the OpenDNS Dashboard.
      The big problem with this behavior is that it can potentially break any network application which relies on DNS properly returning an error when a name does not exist.
      The following lists your DNS server's behavior in more detail.
    • Another problem with the DNS server is its response to a server failure. Instead of properly returning an error when it cannot contact the DNS authority, the DNS server returns an address of 67.215.66.132. Since transient failures are quite common this can be significantly disruptive, turning a transient failure into a wrong answer without any notification to the application doing the name lookup.
    • Another problem with the DNS server is its response to a server failure. Instead of properly returning an error when it cannot contact the DNS authority, the DNS server returns an address of 67.215.66.132. Since transient failures are quite common this can be significantly disruptive, turning a transient failure into a wrong answer without any notification to the application doing the name lookup.
    • Network Security Protocols
      + [​IMG]

DNSSEC Support from the DNS Roots (?): Warning

Only some DNS root server instances returned proper DNSSEC information. The working roots are: A, B, C, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M

Host Properties
      + [​IMG]

System clock accuracy (?): Warning

Your computer's clock is 10 seconds slow.

Help ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.