Port Forwarding doesen't work but DMZ does.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by pdog1111, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pdog1111

ok. I have done everything almost right. I have allowed bukkit though my computers firewalls and anti-vrius. But when I port forward no one can join. If I allow DMZ to my computer people are able to join. I know dmz is a safety hazard so I am trying to figer out the problem. Is there a problem with the routers firewall settings that are blocking the port to this computer?.

this is my router firewall options. I have medium selected.
    [​IMG]

this is my port fowarding

[​IMG]

let me know if I missed anything here.

EDIT: My router is the Comcast Xfinity one

anyone?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  2. Offline

computerman_

any errors like what does it tell the player or any console stuff

3. Offline

Bobcat00

Are you sure 10.0.0.25 is your LAN IP address?

4. Offline

pdog1111

No errors on console. Only errors is when player trys to join and thats (cant reach server)

Yes It is stated in my IPCONFIG

Another weird thing is thoe when I have dmz off it says the port is open on canyouseeme.org but no one can connect

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

IdealIdeas

did you put your ip in the server.properties file?

6. Offline

Zach1338

same thing happened

7. Offline

pdog1111

No. I kept it blank

Are you also have comcast? Did you find a fix to it?

8. Offline

Zach1338

no i dont .. i finally only can play alone :[ gotta buy a new modem

9. Offline

pdog1111

It might not be the modem. Does it work in DMZ mode?

10. Offline

computerman_

did you set up a static ip?

11. Offline

pdog1111

no. Where would I do this?

12. Offline

computerman_

its hard to explain try looking it up

try this video

13. Offline

IdealIdeas

Sounds like thats your problem as you have to put the ip the server connects to in the server.properties file.
    Your INTERNAL IP goes in server.properties. Not your external.

14. Offline

pdog1111

ok
    I tried that but people can not connect still. Yet canyouseeme.org says its open. But on the server it says [random ip] lost connection

ok i made it static with 10.0.0.25 being my static IP. this still did not fix the issue but made my internet on this computer faster :). I still think it is something with the routers firewall settings because DMZ removes the routersfirewall for that select computer. I may be wrong.

15. Offline

Kolugo

If you yourself can cannot, but nobody else can, then something on your computer is blocking it. Are you already using that port somewhere else?

Have you tried connecting to the server on another computer in the same network?
    what's your ISP? some are known for blocking port forwarding and such; I'd get that sorted before anything.

16. Offline

pdog1111

Kolugo
    IPS:Comcast. It DOES NOT work on other computers on the network. I can get on the server from my normal computer (the one thats hosting)

17. Offline

Kolugo

18. Offline

pdog1111

Kolugo
    yea I can get it within my network (sorry If i made that unclear) the problem is that people outside my network can not get on. Yes i placed my interneal ip (10.0.0.25) inside. I also made my ip static as computerman_ said. Il check with the comcast link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.