Pooling and MySql with bukkit

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Matthewenderle, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I am curious about pooling data so I can work on my events plugin that logs to a mysql database. I have a rock solid idea and just need to make it so that it doesn't bog down server resources. I currently have a script that would connect to the server EVERY block break as a test, but when one goes and breaks over 10 at once it lags terribly. I looked into the HawkEye code just to see the method that they use and showed it to one of my server players who actually does programing as his full-time job, he said it was pooling the data and he'd look into it. Well I am currious now how one would start on doing this. I looked at some Pooling information on the net and searched the forums for pooling and get nothing related.

A redneck method is to "array list" everything then use a loop to send the data once eventsInt = 10.

What I want:
    * Method for pooling or sending large amounts of near-continuous data to a MySql DB
    * Short code example on how to send an event such as a block break with "Block ID, Player, X, Y, Z, World, Time, Day"

What you get:
    * Credit for a plugin that will be widely used... trust me.

Code I have, inefficient, is in the attachments. And I am aware that my MySql username is in the config file.
    Thanks

2. searsch how to put informationinside an MYSQl data base, and that kind of function, delevop your own aschrynus aces methode around it, and some buffer overflow preventer, incase the incoming data is greater than the data send and your done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.