Filled Pokemon-Based Spawner Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by PokeWillpower, May 26, 2013.

1. Offline

PokeWillpower

Plugin category: Mechanics

Suggested name: WildPokemon

What I want: I want a simple plugin that has the ability to spawn mobs in tall grass just like in Pokemon. When a mob appears, it would give a message to the player such as "A Wild (Mob Name) Appeared! I would very much enjoy it if it would give me the ability to limit this to a certain world, perhaps maybe something in a config file that reads "Allowed Worlds:" or something along those lines

Ideas for commands: There aren't really any commands needed for this plugin, pretty self-explanatory

Ideas for permissions: WildPokemon.encounter for if a player will encounter things in the grass

When I'd like it by: Today or Tomorrow

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

PokeWillpower What mobs will spawn? What will those mobs do?

3. Offline

PokeWillpower

That should be configurable... hostile... they'll.. attack?

4. Offline

Allek

If you aren't making this timtower I definitely want to make this.

Edit: Working on it...

PokeWillpower

I got the plugin working but I wasn't sure if you wanted it to be like "walking through the grass" or they could just spawn in a certain radius around you in grass. Either way works, let me know asap.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
    PokeWillpower likes this.
  5. Offline

PokeWillpower

I would like if it only spawns them randomly when you're walking in the grass, almost exactly like in Pokemon, right? :D

6. Offline

Allek

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Then its done, publishing now to BukkitDev and Ill put a link here in a minute.

PokeWillpower

Here is the "unapproved" version if you want a head-start on testing.
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/wildpokemon/files/1-wild-pokemon-v1-0/
    And the official page:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/wildpokemon/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

PokeWillpower

8. Offline

Allek

PokeWillpower

Let me know what you think. I recommend setting the mobChance in the config to 1 (1 percent) to simulate Pokemon spawning rate.

9. Offline

PokeWillpower

It's perfect, but i'd still like to change what message appears in case something new happens

10. Offline

Allek

11. Offline

PokeWillpower

12. Offline

Allek