Poison effect to swords

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by SgtbubblezZ, May 31, 2013.

1. Offline

SgtbubblezZ

Plugin category: Pvp,poisons,effects

Suggested name: ItemPoison

What I want: I would like to have a plugin that allows me to enchant certain items with an effect (i.e adding a poison effect to someone at a random chance when you hit them, and the poison stays for 5 seconds).

I have seen these kind of plugins in Mc-kits and many other servers like mc0pvp. I am starting my own server so I would really like to have these poition effect given to a weapon.

Ideas for commands: It doesn't matter to me as long as it is fairly simple to use

Ideas for permissions: as long as only ops can use it

When I'd like it by: anytime someone can get it set up :)

I would also have it so that if you hit them again, the effect doesn't leave

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  2. Offline

bigteddy98

How do you want to enchant it? With a command?

3. Offline

SgtbubblezZ

yea because i have the kit server so i would also like it to tie in with the kits that players use:D

4. Offline

bigteddy98

And what enchantments would you like to have on it? And which potion effects? Please make a list, because I could write a simple plugin, but I am not gonna make a very advanced plugin with a fully configurable config file, I'm sorry.

5. Offline

SgtbubblezZ

Like poison effect a heal effect also slowness if u can
    All I want to do is be able to add the effect on the sword not make a permanent sword

if you had time could you make it configurable? because it would be a lot more helpful. I'm not forcing you, it would be nice though

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  6. Offline

Eniripsa96

Quick implementation of configurable items with potion effect enchantments that are given through the command (which is set to ops only be default) /pitems give <item name>
    I provided 3 example items using the three potion effects you described as well
    The .jar can be obtained here
    I quickly made/tested this so let me know if something is wrong.
    Note, this requires my EnchantmentAPI mod though, so you'll need to download that too. That can be found here

7. Offline

SgtbubblezZ

Link for poison is not there but i got the enchantment one

8. Offline

Eniripsa96

Try this

9. Offline

SgtbubblezZ

it works but gives me a bunch of server errors which lags the server

10. Offline

ninjakiwi240

11. Offline

SgtbubblezZ

12. Offline

ninjakiwi240

You're welcome.

13. Offline

Zarius

As ninjakiwi240 mentioned OtherDrops can do this (yes, can add percentage chances) - here's an example config (would be placed at the bottom of otherdrops-drops.yml):

PHP:
      PLAYER:
      - 
    actionHIT
        tool
    SLIME_BALL~&6Poison ball
        potioneffect
    .victim: [POISON@100@3]

chance10%

message.attacker"Optional message to attacker."

message.victim"Optional message to victim."

actionHIT
        tool
    SLIME_BALL~&Blindness ball
        potioneffect
    .victim: [BLINDNESS@100@3]

chance10%

message.attacker"Optional message to attacker."

message.victim"Optional message to victim."

# etc...
    Potion effects are <type>@<duraton in ticks>@<level> (100 ticks = 5 secs) so you can modify them to your preference.

Tool displayname includes a color code (&6) to stop players creating it with an anvil rename. You can use any color you want (or even &r to keep a code but use no color).

You can create the item with any lore renaming plugin (eg. lores), drop it on the ground with "/odd SLIME_BALL~&6Poison ball" or configure them as a rare drop from blocks or mobs. Alternatively your kit plugin hopefully allows adding items with lore names.

14. Offline

SgtbubblezZ

thanks but, still the potion effect that was given to me gives my server a bunch of errors, which lags my server a lot.

15. Offline

Zarius

16. Offline

SgtbubblezZ

i sent the error on a notepad via skype :l. I don't know what the problem is. The only thing that i can think of is maybe it clashes with another plugin but i can't really understand how i can search through all of my plugins and discover the error