Plugins not loading

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Airese, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Airese

I've had my server for quite some time now, and it was in 1.8. But then, I got this idea to update it to 1.12 to catch up to all the new minecraft updates. BUT, here's the problem; in 1.8, all my plugins worked.

But when I updated to 1.12... Suddenly none of the plugins are working, I've updated them, and everything. It seems like my server isn't reading the plugin files and processing it. Here's what I have:

I can't show pictures at this moment, since my computer doesn't let me take a screenshot of my server. (I don't know why, it just won't let me do it :/)

But, I'll explain what it looks like:

When I start the server; none of the plugins pop up, and no warnings either.

All my plugins that I'm using; Worldedit, Marriage master, Essentials, Multiworld, and Playerplugins are all located in my "plugins" folder in my server folder. I don't have access to their commands since the server isn't even noticing that those plugins are there.

It worked before, and now suddenly it doesn't. What on earth happened? Can anyone help?
    I never moved anything, the only thing I did was change my server from 1.8 to 1.12. Is there a new way you're supposed to add in plugins? Or what?

EDIT: When I check the server when it loads, there's absolutely no indication that the plugins are loading and that there's no errors. I also updated Bukkit to 1.12, still no change. The plugins are just being avoided.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Airese
    Jars from 1.8 and prior will not work on 1.12. You need to download an updated version of all your plugins in order for them to work on your server. If a plugin only supports 1.8, then you will need to find a replacement for it.

3. Offline

Airese

I've updated all those plugins that I mentioned (since they are the only plugins I kept in the plugins file on the move from 1.8 to 1.12) and are up-to-date to 1.12.

Do you mean different plugins? Like Bukkit itself?

EDIT: I updated bukkit to 1.12, but it still does not work. The plugins are being 100% skipped over, not even one of them is being read by the server :/

@Zombie_Striker
    @Zombie_Striker

I've already updated all my plugins in the plugins folder to the version needed for 1.12. And I also updated bukkit to 1.12 but it seems that the server is STILL avoiding those plugins. It completely skips over them... It doesn't even show up in the logs as the server is loading. There's no errors, and it doesn't even indicate the plugins exist.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2017
  4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Airese
    What are you referring to here?

Can you post the console log, along with a screenshot of the plugins folder? You can find the console log in the /<server>/logs/recent.txt file (if it is too long for bukkit, post it on pastebin.com.), and you should be able to screenshot the file by using your system's screenshot key (for windows, it is the PRTSCN button) and then paste it to a photo editing program (Like MS Paint) to save it to a file.

5. Offline

Airese

@Zombie_Striker

Whoops, sorry bout all those posts, I thought they got deleted or something because they disappeared for me lmao.

Anyways, I couldn't post pictures of it before because I didn't have the host computer at the time, since it's at my brothers house. But now I have the images, so here.

@Zombie_Striker

Attached Files:

6. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Airese
    Are you sure you are running the correct jar? You should be using the Spigot jar, not PaperSpigot nor the minecraft jar.

You should remove those other jars. You should only have one server file in your folder.

7. Offline

Airese

No I'm not, this is my first time updating a server so I'm unsure :/
    And I had those before in the 1.8 version,so I don't understand why its suddenly not working now.

@Zombie_Striker

Thank you! Deleting all those unnecessary jars made the plugins work. :)
    Thanks for your help!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.