Plugins Checking Client Files?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Deitnerb, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Deitnerb

I know I've seen on the forums that plugins cannot search client files to check for hackers. But I used to play factions on Timeless PvP and they somehow file checked people. So I'm wondering if there is some way to do this?

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Deitnerb Protocol doesn't even have it. So no.

3. Offline

mcdorli

And it certainly was illegal, if it had it, to look into people's computers.

4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

What do you mean by this? Do you mean that they somehow got data or files about the client or about what mods the client is using. Those are two different things.
    • Getting that data or files of the client is as @mcdorli said, illegal.
    • Getting what mods the player is using is not. Certain mods do send out this information to the server.

5. Offline

Deitnerb

Well TimelessPvP is a non cliented modded server they only use plugins. And what they do is somehow check the mods you are using.

6. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Deitnerb
    The only way a sever can access information like that would be if the mods themselves send data saying "we're here!". Whats happening is the mods send the data to the server, and then the server chooses what to do with that information. The server doesn't actually "check" whats mods are installed, it just looks at the packets it receives.

mine-care likes this.
  7. Offline

mine-care

*Cheaters.

Its called "hacked client" because someone broke into an ordinary MC client (or a mod of it) and changed it to have the extra features. The act is called "Cheating".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.