plugin.yml depend -- help

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by vYN, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

vYN

Hi. When I'm using "depend: pluginName" in the plugin.yml.
    Can someone tell me how to use "depend"?
    I get this in console:

Code:
    06:58:45 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\HCcommands AntiGrief.jar' in folder 'p
    lugins': depend is of wrong type
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: depend is of wrong type
            at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadMap(PluginDescriptionFile
    .java:211)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init>(PluginDescriptionFile.
    java:37)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPlug
    inLoader.java:188)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:118)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:156)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:442)
            at org.bukkit.Bukkit.reload(Bukkit.java:188)
            at org.bukkit.command.defaults.ReloadCommand.execute(ReloadCommand.java:
    22)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:16
    8)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:3
    86)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:3
    82)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:574)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:551)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:435)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

and 1 little more question...

Can someone tell me why I'm always getting this after my plugins are loaded:
    Code:
    [SEVERE] Wrong method arguments used for event type registered

2. Offline

psanker

Typically, you shouldn't need to include a "depend:" statement in the plugin.yml. If you want to use another plugin as a dependency, either A) reference the plugin's external .jar, like what you do with CraftBukkit and make sure that plugin is installed OR B) build your plugin with that plugin referenced using Maven.

3. Offline

vYN

Hmm ok... I'm making a plugin with separated jars. Like if they just add the jar with extra commands. And my main jar is not added. i want the jar with the extra commands to disable it self....

Not sure how to do that

4. Offline

nisovin

What? If your plugin depends on another plugin to function, then of course you would add a depend statement in the plugin.yml.

Gudfaren You need to treat it like an array.

depend: [pluginName]

ThatBox likes this.
  5. Offline

vYN

Thanks it worked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.