Plugin Updated to 1.8, still outdated.

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Natumakie, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Natumakie

Hello.
    I am new to programming, but have had some help. I am trying to run my bukkit plugin code (using eclipse) on a 1.8 server. I got the 1.8 craftbukkit_server.jar file and have uploaded it, and there are no errors in my code, (yes it is uploaded correctly). Everything on eclipse is in working order (I believe). My server is running "craftbukkit-BT36_1.8_04.29.jar", and I am using the 1.8 craftbukkit, as I mentioned. Yet, when I add the plugin to the FTP files >plugins (correct location), it tries to load it, but fails, saying it is outdated. Don't know what to do here... help would be appreciated.

2. Offline

Boomer

It doesn't say it IS outdated. It is asking if it is.
    Because it is throwing a big stacktrace error when trying to startup, due to code or plugin.yml setup being messed up, which is typical if an existing, working plugin that has been available for download before suddenly stops working - hey, suddenly this code that worked before no longer works on startup, i cant' find it, it doesn't have the right parameters, i can't initialize ... so throw up that question about perhaps being out of date, to prime the server owner to question if there might be a new version required for this server build he just upgraded to.

The full stacktrace error will point to missing plugin.yml file, invalid plugin.yml file, unable to instantiate error, or the cause being due to null pointer exceptions, and point to the exact line in your code that is throwing the null or responsible for a null, letting you work back to find why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.