Plugin update rejection

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Pyvesb, Dec 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Pyvesb

Hello,

I submitted an update to my Pet Master resource at the beginning of the month, but it surprisingly got rejected with reason "It seems your file is using an obfuscation tool that isn't supported by our decompiler. Obfuscation is generally against Bukkit policies".

This is incorrect, the plugin is free and open-source, so obviously I've not gone through the trouble of obfuscating the resulting JAR. The MD5 hash that is displayed for the rejected resource file matches that of my local file, so the file didn't get corrupted on upload either. I've attached the rejected file to the thread, you can easily check the decompiled results.

The rejection mail included "please contact our support team https://support.curseforge.com", but unfortunately the link is dead.

Worth also noting that for some reason I received two emails in a row for the rejection, as well as two separate notifications in the BukkitDev console.

The review took over two weeks to end up in this rejection state - as a comparison the most I've had in over half a decade of activity on BukkitDev has been a couple of days.

I resubmitted the same update, but it's gone into the waiting void again. What are the next steps at this stage?

Review mistakes, dead links, lengthy delays, duplicate notifications, that seems like way too many problems for a simple update.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Pyvesb When did it get rejected?
    Delays are due to the transfer to Overwolf breaking a lot of things.

I agree with the fact that it isn't obfuscated, checked it myself with the attached file.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  3. Offline

gilgamsh0n

Hey

My personal appologies. This is a mistake on our behalf.
    An explanation (and by no means an excuse) -
    With the transition from Twitch, we are also learning the ropes of file and project moderation.
    Bukkits are perhaps the single most complex files to moderate and require extra care from us. We are working with the previous Twitch moderation team to handle the specific issue you raised as quickly as possible, without compromising safety measures. Once again, sorry for this, we're learning, the curve is steep, but I hope within good time this will be behind us. Thanks you.

4. Offline

Kars

This happened to my file too.
    Not using any obfuscation tool, the file decompiles fine.

I cri about dis.

Please re-review the rejected file if possible.
    https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/enhancedenchants
    @gilgamsh0n

5. Online

@Kars Reupload it instead.

6. Offline

Pyvesb

Thanks for the quick resolution on this one! I had been notified about the transition to Overwolf a few months back, but hadn't realised it was ongoing right at this point - an update on the news section of dev.bukkit.org (https://dev.bukkit.org/news) would have been useful, as I generally don't come to these forums. :)

Best of luck with taking over the Bukkit websites, will be interested to see how things evolve in the coming months!

7. Offline

Kars

I did.

8. Offline

EvilWitchdoctor

This happened to me as well, for files uploaded December 4th (v3.5.0) and December 8th (v3.5.1);

I would prefer to avoid re-uploading because I've already uploaded v3.5.2 yesterday so it would be out of order on the files tab, but if that's the only way to get them approved I guess I will

9. Online

@EvilWitchdoctor If 3.5.2 is just a better version then you don't need to reupload them.

EvilWitchdoctor likes this.
  10. Offline

gilgamsh0n

Hey again, to the best of our knowledge we have sorted our moderating misunderstanding.
    We have also mostly resolved the bukkit file queue and have no more outstanding files from more than 48 hours ago.

If there are still issue, we will update :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.