Plugin that lets players from different timezones see their time

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by 2SurvivalGuys, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

2SurvivalGuys

I recently installed the plugin Holographic Displays and it came with an interesting feature called {time} where if you typed that in it would show the time. Assuming that the time displayed would be correct for everyone in the world I was happy with it. However, when I went into it's config.yml I noticed that you set a timezone. This meant there is one set timezone and will benefit only a handful of people.

I would like a plugin that displays the correct time no matter where you live in the world. And if possible could you make a function where it can be implemented into holographic displays so the {time} is as well correct? Also, I want the plugin to show the actual geography of the world at that time (e.g. if its 7:00 PM in your time zone the game will have a sunset). Please implement the realistic time feature because it would be really cool to have realistic days and nights and that they would be correct to wherever you live to.

I would recommend using an import in javascript that allows you to fetch the location of the IP address, and the IP itself as well, of any player (this is possible with essentials geo-IP). Then write an if, then wherever the location is you assign a timezone to it. Configuring where the time zones are in code might be hard but idk xD.

2. Offline

AdamZeDuck

Please do not tell people how to write plugins considering you clearly don't know anything about developing them as you said "make an import in JavaScript".

Also, there are some flaws with the concept of everyone having different times. Would zombies burn for you but not for other people? As far as I'm concerned, you can't accurately do that and are limited to changing merely what the player sees when they look in the sky and in terms of brightness.

This is a really cool concept and if you have any solutions to zombies burning or not etc. write them here and I'd be more than happy to write the plugin.

2SurvivalGuys likes this.
  3. Offline

2SurvivalGuys

Rather than including details on if zombies burn, just exclude those parts with mobs burning. This won't be for my survival server as it would take to much work to engineer that concept. I would like just a variable that displays the correct time for whatever time zone it is and has that be an add-on to holographic displays possibly. Otherwise, I can include it with a motd, I suggest telling the player in a separate line because I don't want you to have to implement it into another chat-based plugin. The other feature to the timezone correct variable is that players could do the command /time then it would do that same line about the time like in my motd example. I'm sorry for the confusion with Javascript I am new to coding, I think that how to write plugins may give the developer a better vision/result to work to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.