plugin that edits my group users with the permissions plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Stephen92, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Offline

Stephen92

I can't seem to find a plugin that would allow my moderators to change the default class of a person ingame to a miner so that they can build stuff,this is my way of a whitelist.
    --- merged: Feb 1, 2011 1:53 AM ---
    bump
    --- merged: Feb 1, 2011 10:52 PM ---
    anyone know of one?

2. Offline

PurelySatanic

Let me look at how the permission database works and I'll see if I can write one.

3. Offline

Stephen92

thankyou so much i'd love to see what you can come up with.

4. Offline

PurelySatanic

Alright, give me some time while I sort things out.

5. Offline

lonelydime

I believe Essentials does this.

/modgrp [Alias: /mod]: Moves a player to a Permissions group.

6. Offline

Stephen92

no rush but you got an eta? and btw this is mainly gonna be used for admins and moderators so id need to be able to give permissions, just so you know.
    --- merged: Feb 2, 2011 3:33 AM ---
    and that doesnt work just tried it,it does move them but ti doesnt affect them if you get what i'm saying.

7. Offline

PurelySatanic

If it's not affecting them it's because the server hasn't reloaded the plugin. The YML file that Permissions uses once loaded into Minecraft will stay in memory until the server is restarted, or you do a forced reload.

Try typing /reload (Assuming you have the newest craftbukkit) and tell me if it works. Otherwise I'll continue with my work.

8. Offline

Stephen92

thats what I just did it doesnt work, i promise i'm no noob lol. and I keep everything pretty updated, you should come by my server sometime, on the main topic lol thanks for helping me out i tried the /reload ive done /pr and restarted the server didnt do anything so please do continue, it would be nice if it would not redit my permissions like the above command did I had to redo it after I found out it didnt work. thanks!

9. Offline

PurelySatanic

Alright, I may be able to get it complete within a few hours, at least the very basic form of it. Just want to make sure it interacts with Permissions properly.

Hmm, I just realized something. When I say the newest version, I am speaking about the newest version compiled directly off the GitHub website.

Because none of your plugins will actually be able to "see" the changes I make to the YML database without /reload actually working. Because when your server initially loads, it loads that permissions file and unless I can force Permissions to reload (which I don't believe there is an open method that I can call) I cannot do it.

If you do have the latest version of CraftBukkit off of GitHub, let me know.

10. Offline

Stephen92

ill get it now.
    --- merged: Feb 2, 2011 4:14 PM ---
    well the newest craftbukkit didnt work for me so idk what to do,lets just try with the build I have which I'm not sure what version it is.

11. Offline

Amagineer

Here you go! It has two commands: /modify and /group.

The syntax for /modify is:
    Code:
    /modify path.to.permissions.node value
    This command will let you modify the value of ANY node in the permissions config. This is a crazily powerful command, and if you slip up using it, you can nuke your entire permissions config. Be careful!

And for /group it's:
    Code:
    /group <playername> <groupname>
    /group supports fragments of online players' names as well as offline players' names (as long as they have an entry in the permissions config already). You need to use valid group names. The command is case insensitive.

This works with craftbukkit 188+ as far as I can tell. I can't guarentee anything with console commands will work, although from what I can see, they should.

12. Offline

Stephen92

ty ill test this now
    --- merged: Feb 2, 2011 8:28 PM ---
    well actually im looking for a command to where when im not on my moderators can type for instance
    /add NAME GROUPNAME. cause if not id have to already have the player in there so it would be kinda pointless.

13. Offline

Amagineer

As far as I can tell, my plugin offers that. The /group command will edit online players' groups. If you want to allow other groups to edit another player's permissions, then you'll need to give them the modify.group permission

14. Offline

Stephen92

so basically if someone new connects to my server a mod can type /group the name then the group and it will put that in the permissions.config?

15. Offline

Amagineer

Yes. "/group someguy123 builders" will add someguy123 to the builders group assuming that both exist.

16. Offline

Stephen92

ok but there name doesnt have to be anywhere in the permissions in order to add him in right? judt sking sure so it doesnt mess up like last time lol.
    --- merged: Feb 3, 2011 3:21 AM ---
    keeps saying /group user group in red letters tried so many different types of format this is what I have in permissions, I know there's not an error in the code cause I checked it, it just wont work im not sure what to do. and what will I do if there name is not already in the permissions text as a user?
    - 'modify.modify'
    - 'modify.group'