Plugin Request: Security - Pure Client Check

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by tremor, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mindless728

yeah, though coupled with this and turn it into a video feed, it would be easy to find hackers

2. Offline

alexander_q

Nice find. I think I'll keep an eye on that thread

3. Offline

Addicting

I know I'm an idiot, but here's my two cense:
    Could you maybe create a algorithm? Kind of like the security thing my brother uses for WoW.
    Create a client (out of I have no idea) that connects to your users' account (probably requires a login system, register and a SQL Databse on a Website) and when the user "Activates" their account it outmagically creates a Algorithm and puts it into your Database. and then the client Firsts:
    Makes your user log in, connects to the Database, gets the Algorithm and checks if the Login is valid.
    Then it starts Minecraft with the same username they signed in. This would also mean creating a hole new client and maybe a Client side modification (Like EVERYONE ELSE said). And now it comes to the Server Wrapper.
    When your user connects to your server, it "asks" the client if it has a Valid login, if yes it gets the login, and responds to the SQL database previously mentioned on your website and gets their algorithm and if it matches the algorithm the Client has then it will allow connection.
    All of this would be encrypted ofcourse, although I'd suggest SHA1+Salt.
    I know nothing about Java etc, so I don't know if this is possible or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.