Filled Plugin Request (I think it would be pretty simple)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by UltiFix, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Offline

UltiFix

Plugin category: Random

Suggested name: PickRemover

What I want: I'd like a plugin to remove all picks with enchants over the natural amount.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: PickRemover.Bypass (To bypass the check for that player)

When I'd like it by: Yesterday.

2. Offline

zxc-96

If you do not want for your players to use enchanted items, you could use permissionsex feature -
    - modifyworld.items.have.diamond_sword
    - -modifyworld.items.have.diamond_sword:*

3. Offline

rguz10

4. Offline

UltiFix

I think... I don't know yet

Are you sure that will work?

It seems like that would make it so they couldn't have a diamond sowrd at all? or just the enchanted diamonds swords?
    EDIT: Now that I think about it they wouldn't be able to have ANY diamond pickaxe with a enchantment.... even if its natural...
    rguz10
    I still do that want the plugin.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  5. Offline

rguz10

Give me a few days, I need to look I to enchantments and what's "normal" and what's not.

6. Offline

UltiFix

K... I'm mostly worried about picks with 1000 enchants... Using a plugin called timtheenchanter

7. Offline

rguz10

I see, I have had Tim ruin an entire map on my server, it was shortly removed.

8. Offline

UltiFix

rguz10
    I guess your not doing this then? I think its been almost 2 weeks.....

9. Offline

rguz10

Sorry man! I lose all the posts I make and things I offer :/ Ill do it, sorry for the trouble.

10. Offline

UltiFix

So you ARE doing it? Sorry I'm a little confuzled :p

11. Offline

rguz10

Yup, I'm doing it :p

12. Offline

daboross

13. Offline

Commander9292

If you don't want picks with OP enchants, don't spawn them in. They don't come naturally so don't give them away.

14. Offline

daboross

It _is_ possible for anyone in creative mode with a modified client to spawn any item they want on the server, with any enchantments. The server makes no attempt to stop this if they are in creative mode.
    Also I know that tim can look cool at first, and you get it before you realize how messed up it will leave your server.

15. Offline

Commander9292

daboross ahh yes, I forgot about clients.. Thanks for pointing that out.

16. Offline

aaFireFoX

Use essentials and just set unsafe enchants to false. Nobody not even op will be able to enchant past regular commands. Not sure if plugins like Timtheenchanter bypass this but try it :/

Btw I meant nobody will be able to enchant past regular levels, not commands.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

17. Offline

rguz10

That looks good. Wondering if I should still do this.

18. Offline

daboross

That only effects essential's enchant command. It makes no attempt to stop any other plugin, or modified clients that can do the same thing while in creative mode.

Do it if you want to! I just posted that thing because I had already made it for someone else :p. It might not be exactly what is needed.

19. Offline

rguz10

If I don't have to make it I won't :p

20. Offline

UltiFix

Works good thanks!

I'm fine I don't need it.
    Thanks anyway!