Plugin Idea: Minecraft Toll Signs

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ReddPandda, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Offline

ReddPandda

Hi, so i was looking around for a while and it seems i can't find this anywhere. Basically in craftbukkit you get lifts, bridges, and gates.

We all know that, but the thing is what if i want to charge you money for using my bridge? Well thats kind of the point of this whole mod idea.

Expansion:
    Show Spoiler

This mod uses signs as tolls, when you right click on the sign your charged a toll and said action on the sign is done whether its opening doors, expanding a bridge, opening a gate. It would also reduce the amount from your total amount of money (support for multiple money mods) Now there are server things that this mod should effect. Firstly the block behind the sign should some how be protected, for example whoever places that toll sign then owns the block the sign was placed on or something to make it not worth breaking blocks like making all the money in a persons account disappear and go to the one who place that sign(this should be able to be setup in the files)Also there should be ways around a person being able to avoid paying(i.e. breaking blocks around the sign that are not the sign block. Breaking a block around a sign block should cost triple(customizeable) the amount of the actual toll. Well these systems leave a loop hole though, what if the person has no money and just breaks the signs? Solution: make breaking blocks around a toll sign instantly notify a mod or admin, if no admin is on a message is saved and report when one logs in - mods can then handle the situation accordingly (bans, kicks). Unless you have a better system? like maybe negative money?

I also think that this, like craftbukkit bridge, lift, and gate signs be wireable using redstone i.e. you press a button, your given a warning (this is a toll button: It cost $####. Type /tollaccept. to confirm) i think this warning should also be on normal signs just to make sure a player doesn't accidently click the sign (without meaning to).

Now for some extra challenges
    Minecarts tracks definitely take a lot of work to mine all those tracks. If you do all the work to mine all that iron and everyone can just use your tracks without first asking you, it just seems a bit unfair. Maybe some sort of craftable booster block (other then powered rails) that would give the user an instant push off after placing a minecart above this block, getting into the cart, right clicking the toll, and typing /tollaccept

If anyone decides to try this thank you! it should be a fun challenge hopefully!

-ReddPandda

kkreato likes this.
  2. Offline

Sabinno

Would take months to make.
    On another note, use Movecraft.
    Problem solved.
    -Sabinno-

3. Offline

ReddPandda

movecraft has nothing to do with the experience i want to provide

4. Offline

Windwaker

Hey I don't know who you think you are, but I have seen you around the forums giving false information to bring people down. This is quite possible and would not take "months to make".

_____________________________________________________________________________

@ReddPandda I would suggest this in the actual CraftBukkit thread you might get a better response there and I would do this but I don't really want to just rip off the [Gate] thing so ask for it there. As for the door... this might be a little more difficult for signs. It would be easier just to assign it to a door which sounds interesting actually so I might give that a try. As for the custom "craftable booster blocks" this is impossible with bukkit at this time.

shmickle1 likes this.
  5. Offline

Sabinno

Ah, when I mentioned Movecraft I referred to it as a simple elevator if you put work into it...
    I try my best to give accurate information.
    I don't intentionally bring down users.
    I rather, attempt to suggest alternatives to plugin requests.
    Sorry for anything I may have said that was discouraging.
    -Sabinno-

6. Offline

anagog

This kinda half excists. Its on Buxville.net but I think its only for buxville.net with sucks...

7. Offline

xandrone

8. Offline

brokeyok

You could make it where if you place a pressure plate before your bridge and when someone walks over it, it takes money from their iConomy account and puts it in yours.

9. Offline

xandrone

What if they had fly mod on??

10. Offline

Perdog

Then they wouldn't need to use the bridge to get over the water or whatever :p they could just fly across anywhere

11. Offline

brokeyok

You could make them pay to fly or disable flying (yes there is a feature no plugin needed) or just say screw them.