Plugin Help - Jar File

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by lug, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

lug

Hey there,
    I have posted this before, but I believe in the wrong section.. Anyway, I am having some trouble trying to get my plugin working, although when I loaded it up, I get this error.

[18:08:52] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins/Recipes.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: Invalid plugin.yml
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:152) ~[minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:133) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:369) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:152) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:628) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1.7.9-R0.2-207-g03373bb]
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Jar does not contain plugin.yml
    ... 6 more

The plugin.yml file is in the .jar as I have extracted it.
    Any ideas?

2. Offline

ColonelHedgehog

Is it in your root (src) directory? Can you past the plugin.yml here?

3. Offline

flash1110

Make sure that the plugin.yml is in the src, and not the package. That is probably the cause of the, Jar does not contain plugin.yml, error.

4. Offline

MordorKing78

[​IMG] << -- Maybe this helps you out! :)

5. Offline

nopvpgamer

You have to make a plugin.yml :

Right Click on Your src Folder
    Left Click on New
    Left Click on File
    Enter "plugin.yml"

goto your plugin.yml

and then enter this:

Code:
    name: PluginName
    version: PluginVersion