Plugin for auto-protect blocks

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by dragonrykr, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dragonrykr

Is there any plugin out there that automatically protects blocks that the player places?

2. Offline

minecrafterwork I steal plugins as my own

I searched Bukkit DEV an auto protect plugin does not seem to exist but with a plugin like LWC players can protect blocks via commands, also you could try essentials protect which might do what you want

3. Offline

dragonrykr

i think there was some plugin, that protects player placed blocks automatically. I saw it on one of my first servers that i played, something like ZipBlock or similar. Maybe that plugin isnt on the bukkit dev yet.

4. Offline

dragonrykr

5. Offline

dragonrykr

6. Offline

dragonrykr

7. Offline

dragonrykr

Oh guys, do you really dont know that kind of plugin?

8. Offline

dragonrykr

9. Offline

zipfe

There is no such thing because it would create a humungous database and would to crosscheck with that every time a player tries to break a block.

Protecting stuff without any player intervention simply doesn't fly in the long run. Just imagine Player A placing blocks in front of the door of Player B. What do you do then? What you describe would protect the blocks for Player A, so B can't even enter his house anymore.

You can have players claim plots with WorldGuard, or maybe dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/grief-prevention/ is something you want to have a look at.

10. Offline

dragonrykr

Well, more explained it was like: There is a Wilderness accesed by a portal... And players create some things around there, but it's protect around a bit, like five blocks around the players building. Then if Player B comes and tries to grief, he couldn't to, it would give a message to him, but it certainly wasn't the WorldGuard one. I forgot the plugin's name because i played on that server more than a year ago...

11. Offline

chad53105

There is one plugin that will create a protected zone around a chest. It is called Grief Prevention. Look it up. You can adjust claim size, protect from bucket use, and tons more. I suggest you check it out.

12. Offline

dragonrykr

And also can i say that servers name because someone may played on that server and know the plugin...

13. Offline

Lolmewn

Wasn't there OwnBlock?

14. Offline

chad53105

15. Offline

dragonrykr

ok but is there more like, auto, so players place blocks and if it builds a lot of blocks or destroyes them it leaves a ,,mark" in this case protection.
    P.S. Can i tell the server's name i think it would be easier

16. this is the plugin you want
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/protect-block/
    it protects any block a user places, however unless you are hosted and can use a MySQL database, your probably gonna run out of disk space eventually.
    it can be toggled on or off and was last updated for 1.4.2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.