Problem/Bug Plugin errors

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by maks244, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

maks244

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@maks244 Silkspawners: redownload,
    DisguiseCraft get a version that is made for your server version.

3. Offline

maks244

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2016
  4. Offline

thapengwin

Your configuration files either do not exist, are corrupted or MCMMO does not have the correct permissions to access them.

5. Offline

maks244

well... what can i do?

6. @maks244
    My bet is that mcmmo doesn't have permission to access the files, do you host your server at a hosting company?

@maks244
    McMMo cannot access certain files. Are you sure your server has permissions to access said files?

7. Offline

maks244

yes

i don't know how to check that.

8. @maks244
    Are you having a hosting company host your server?

@maks244
    Try contacting them to see if you can resolve the error.

9. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Merged two threads.
    @maks244 Don't double post threads please.

10. Offline

Rayzr522

@maks244 not sure if this has anything to do with it, but it's trying to load the mending enchant on a 1.8 server... just sayin'

Just a wild guess without looking at the code of mcMMO it looks like it's trying to read a config file and the config file is specifying an item with the mending enchantment which doesn't exist...

I'm not actually entirely sure that it has to do with file permissions, considering the nasty stack trace that comes immediately after which has references to config-related classes and then the big thing about the mending enchant.

Again, I'm just guessing this all without looking at the code of mcMMO. I might be wrong, but I don't think this necessarily has to do with the server not having read-permission for the config files.

Hopefully this helps you! I'd suggest looking through all the config files and checking for references to the mending enchant. Even if that's not what's causing the original problem it will probably cause a problem in the future so it certainly won't hurt to check.

- Rayzr :D

11. @Rayzr522
    My guess is this:
    Mcmmo doesn't have permission to read files. Code ends by throwing an exception. Variables don't get set. Throws further exceptions.

12. Offline

Rayzr522

@AlvinB I agree that it's very likely that mcMMO doesn't have permission to read the files, but two things popped out at me: It was complaining about EnchantmentUtils and the Mending enchant, and also the fact that he's running 1.8.

It looked to me like the TreasureConfig class was trying to read the config, found Mending and went "What the heck is this? I'm in 1.8, so this doesn't exist!"

That's just what it looked like to me :)

13. @Rayzr522
    That's actually a very good point.
    @maks244, does it still throw errors if you download mcMMO for 1.8?

14. Offline

Rayzr522

Stack traces are my specialty. I tend to generate plenty of them, so I have lots of experience XD

15. @Rayzr522
    Yeah, it also helps to know in what updates certain things were added :p

16. Offline

Rayzr522

Being a Minecraft addict makes that pretty easy :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.