Plugin doesn't show up.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TharnivasOF, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TharnivasOF

Version: 1.8.8 CraftBukkit
    Problem: Whenever I import the plugin into my testing server ( hosted off of my computer ), it shows up as a plugin. Whenever I import the plugin into my actual server ( hosted by ApexMinecraftHosting and YES i have contacted them, didn't help. ) it doesn't show up at all. I've been trying to fix this for the past 2 hours, and it's just been giving me a headache.

Plugin.yml config:
    upload_2016-1-27_11-59-29.png

Lines: ( ONLY CLASS )
    upload_2016-1-27_11-56-36.png

2. Offline

CoolDude53

@TharnivasOF
    Questions to ask:
    • Does your hosted server recognize other plugins?
    • If yes, do you restart, reload, or do nothing when you add a new plugin? If you do not restart your server when you add a new plugin, do so.
    • What do you see when you do /plugins? Do you see your plugin at all? If so, is it green or red?
    Your issue isn't with your code or plugin.yml, it has to do with your hosted server and that's all. If you gave more information, we could probably find an answer, but we simply don't know enough. My questions are just basic trouble shooting questions, that you should have and hopefully have already asked. I know how frustrating it can be, so hopefully we can get this resolved.

3. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@TharnivasOF
    Are you sure for the plugin.yml you are using spaces in multiples of two instead of tabs? Are you sure you have no other plugs that have the same package names? What does your server/ the other server print out in the console?

BTW: You do not need to log your own plugins, bukkit does this for you. You also don't need the onDisabled because you have nothing in it, so just delete it.

4. Offline

TharnivasOF

Yes it does recognize other plugins
    I do reload the server, even restarted it.
    I dont see my plugin at all.

I press space twice after putting something in there.
    I dont have any plugins with the same package names
    My server says its been enabled, and the one hosted from Apex does nothing at all.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@TharnivasOF
    What version of Java are you using? Are you using Java 8? If so, most likely the server runs Java 7. The fix for this case would be recompiling your plugin with Java 7.

6. Offline

TharnivasOF

How would I do that exactly?

7. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@TharnivasOF
    First, are you running Java 8? If so, do the following:
    1. Download Java 7 JRE
    2. Go into IDE you're using (eclipse or intilliJ)
    3. Go into your "Buildpath"
    4. You should see your Spigot/Bukkit jar file there, and something like "Java SE 8...." or similar to THIS
    5. Remove it and add the Java 7 JRE instead.
    6. Your file is now built with Java 7. It will now work on servers with Java 7 and Java 8.

8. Offline

CoolDude53

9. Offline

TharnivasOF

Where do I find the JRE after installing Java 7 and deleting the Java SE 8 file?

10. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@TharnivasOF
    Look at "Add Libraries". Then go to "JRE System Libraries", and select "Execution Eveninroment" and choose from the list "JRE SE 1.7"

11. Offline

bernivic135

How can I do this in Intellij?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.