Plugin Developer Title... Requirements for?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MatCat, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MatCat

I am just curious what the requirements are to be given Plugin Developer title as it is not stated anywhere.

2. Offline

Archelaus

3. Offline

Plague

I love to give such questions a link to where they should have looked myself, but since this is in the wiki and not even visible from the main page of wiki, I consider that smug (unless I overlooked a more direct link here on the forum page) ;)

You have to write aplugin and release it on the forum (according to the guidelines) then you'll become one.

4. Offline

EvilSeph

The FAQ is still being worked on, but it does answer that question. A wiki's topic differs from project to project, this one is an all-encompassing Bukkit related wiki, hence the name BukkitWiki. Sorry for the inappropriate conduct shown by some people answering your question, it must have been a bad day for them or something. This is a valid question and one I've been debating addressing on the forums, but figured there are way too many stickies already.

5. Offline

Archelaus

Apologies to the thread creator. I did not mean for my original post to be taken as me being aggressive. I had little time to write up a full post though and I thought it be best to answer your question with a link rather than not at all.

6. Offline

Plague

What the...? Thought the full name of forum is a "discussion forum", oh well.

I didn't really mean that RightLegRed was an evil member or anything, just pointing out what was a little of here (which is the point of discussion in the world, isn't it?).

7. Offline

cian1500ww

I released a plugin that's in the plugin releases forum over 2 weeks ago that's being used by a few people but I haven't been made a developer yet. According to the FAQ, I've done everything required, am I missing something??

8. Offline

Plague

Is it in Releases or Submissions? It's only after you get to Releases, then you fulfilled all requirements for the submission and should get the title. If not I'd try to PM the staff (if you don't have a message from them in the thread about your thread's non-conformity with the guidelines).

9. Offline

cian1500ww

It should follow the guidelines as it was moved from submissions to releases: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ge...rol-now-has-support-for-permissions-201.3489/

10. Offline

Plague

Looks good, I'd PM EvilSeph as he did most of those evaluations of conformity I think.

11. Offline

cian1500ww

Will do, thanks for the help :)

12. Offline

lonelydime

I think they're just busy doing other things, I was curious about it too. After reading the FAQ, I just assumed they had better things to do lol.

13. Offline

Redecouverte

i've already released 3 plugins, but i don't really care about that title, after all its just some fancy color+image ^^

14. Offline

Plague

Actually you gain access to a private forum for plugin developers .)

15. Offline

yottabyte

If you have a plugin in the release section of the forum, just wait. You will get the tag sometime. Be patient :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.