Plug.DJ Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by IamNoob, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

IamNoob

Anyone know a plugin that interact with plug.dj?

Example:
    [Plug.DJ] Now playing: Maroon 5 - Maps. Song played by IamNoob. Join the party plug.dj/cookieprison

If you said that the plugin already exist, I notice that but I don't know how to use. I know the creator posted how to use it but it doesn't work.

If you said that it need a bot, I can let my computer on 24/7 :p.

***OFF-TOPIC***
    Does anyone know how to learn java programming the easiest/simple way? I have a lot of ideas of making a plugin but the problem is I don't know how. Can you also tell me how you learn java?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
    GrandmaJam likes this.
  2. What plugin are you referring to? Have you spoken to the developer? If that's not an option, do you have a link? We might be able to help you.

Learning from the Oracle tutorials or a Java book is the best way to learn. Let me tell you now, though, that learning Java isn't easy exactly. There are no shortcuts that you can take, and learning will take motivation. If you're not able to motivate yourself to learn - and you'll need to learn quite a bit of Java before you're ready to make plugins - then you might be disappointed. :)

3. Offline

IamNoob

4. Offline

IamNoob

5. Offline

IamNoob

6. Offline

IamNoob

7. Offline

IamNoob

8. Offline

IamNoob

9. Offline

IamNoob

10. Offline

Chucky109

What do you want exactly? I do not really understand :eek:

11. @Chucky109 From what I understand he just wants it to broadcast the song that's being played on plug.dj, and give a link so others can listen.

Having said that, you could provide more information @IamNoob. For example, how many rooms (or whatever they use) does it have to support? Is there any config necessary? What about commands and permissions, does the plugin need any of those?

Chucky109 likes this.
  12. Offline

WeeSkilz

@IamNoob as for learning Java the only real way is to put the hours in.

timtower likes this.
  13. Offline

Freack100

About the plugin, you posted: It will only work if you host the server on your home computer (it will most likely run Windows) and you then have to start a bot in your browser. (I personaly don't like that idea because it only works when you do both on the same machine.)

My Idea would be to have a bot broadcasting every change to the song to a PHP script (don't give out the link, it would cause false statements in the chat xD) and have the plugin request the data after a specified amount of time. That way, you can run bot and plugin on different machines, you could even run the bot on a linux server (with a lot of, for example, phantomJS magic).

14. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Freack100 Or you can use java to read the song from the web page instead.

15. Offline

Freack100

@timtower
    Your idea would work, if you wouldn't have to log in to plug.dj to enter a room.

16. Offline

@Freack100 You underestimate the power of java.

Regablith and AdamQpzm like this.
  17. Offline

Freack100

@timtower
    You can dynamicaly fill out login fields, which only pop up after you press a button (button as in: field on the screen)?

18. Offline

@Freack100 I can make post requests. Even better

19. Offline

IamNoob

@Chucky109
    A plugin where you broadcast what plugin and who playing the song.

@AdamQpzm
    At config maybe just put the site url.

20. Offline

IamNoob

Bump

(Not sure if its too early)

21. Offline

IamNoob

22. Offline

IamNoob

Bump
    (Sorry if its to early)

23. @IamNoob The fact that you put that for every early bump you do kind of gives me the impression that you know it's an early bump. Apologising for it doesn't make it any more within the rules :) The rules are you're not allowed to bump more than once every 24 hours - I recommend you check the time of the last past if you're not sure :)

24. Offline

IamNoob

@AdamQpzm
    I'll try because sometimes I got busy :(. Thanks for the tips btw :).

25. Offline

IamNoob

26. Offline

IamNoob

27. Offline

IamNoob

28. Offline

IamNoob

29. Offline

IamNoob

30. Offline

IamNoob