Question Plots/prison help

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Scorpionvssub, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Scorpionvssub

Im not asking for a renewed or completely remake of the excisting plot plugins, but i do need help finding 1 that works the way i used to have 1(i never installed it myself so idk the name of the accuall plugin)

Im looking for a plots plugin that where i can make a schematic of 1 square(with the surrounding path to my liking) then the plugin does it many many times itself, it used to from what i remember anyone that was new give them automaticly 1 plot to do /p home to get it, so no /p new or something.

Since i dont want to go over every single path that runs across a plot to define the boundry i thought that would be awesome to get back but cant find it, found 1 plot plugin which is extremely outdated, and another 1 which only creates plots on /plot create and define borders via stone slabs in a really weird way.. It would be a great addition to our upcoming prison server...

Alongside this:

What advice do you people give prison plugin wise, i got the mines the rankup(which doesnt load up atm, seems outdated) and prison suite.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Scorpionvssub I have some sort of plot plugin laying around. Don't know if it would suit your needs, could you post a screenshot of how you want it to look?

3. Offline

Scorpionvssub

@timtower

upload_2015-6-10_13-36-49.png

Made a really quick plot design to give the idea what i mean, The Netherrack is where you walk inbtween all the plots(not that high obviously but you might get the idea) and the area btween all that shown by a big white line of quartz(kinda went to quick as its waaayyy to big) but just to give the idea ... is where you build

4. Offline

@Scorpionvssub My plugins allows you to change the plot size, road width, floor height, border blocks(inside, below the plotme half slabs), the half slabs themselves, the road block, amount of dirt layers and some price options.
    Only squares.

5. Offline

Scorpionvssub

@timtower if by that you mean i can change the roads or "plots" to look kinda like on that picture with somewhat ease rather then having to go over 10.000 plots to manually change it, then that would be the 1 i need :p

6. Offline

@Scorpionvssub The borders of the plots can be changed, same for the road blocks, can't build walls like that though.
    Link is in my signature, PlotLikeMe

7. Offline

Scorpionvssub

@timtower it seems its not fully functional, dont know any commands with it, /p aint a thing, /plot neither and i made mv create a plotworld as it wont create 1 on its own, and when i did /mv create plotworld and set it to that, it was all landscapy while i made it do -t flat...

8. Offline

@Scorpionvssub
    /help <pluginname>
    /plotlikeme
    Generator name is also plotlikeme

9. Offline

Scorpionvssub

ahhhhh okay thanks ill try that but uhm, does it give plots to people the first time they join the server or are they forced to buy 1 first..

Got it :D

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  10. Offline

@Scorpionvssub Currently they can buy as many as they want as long as they have the money for it.
    And change the world in the config. Or are there no visual plots?

11. Offline

Scorpionvssub

@timtower there are now, but i got a few questions, regarding ur system, are u ever gonna add a perm node for uhm well lets say i want starter[members] only to be allowed for 1 plot. no more no less. and have a...legend user to have 2 but no more then 2 Would you add that in? or could. Idm if thhey have to buy it first instead of gain 1 from the moment they logged in first. but if they have tons and tons of plots that aint good..

12. Offline

@Scorpionvssub Permission for an amount: can do that.
    Auto get plot: can do that
    Plot teleport(you didn't mention it but still): can do that.
    A Readme file that is actually useful? Will do that.

13. Offline

Scorpionvssub

yea a /p home {name}(the name if not placed will teleport you to ur own plot, if name is entered teleports u to the plot of the name u filled in) not a must on the name part.

I hope you are willing to do those things specially the permissions thing and possibly auto plot(not a must). as for the plot teleport i'd say is a handy feature :p

and so people know u build it(if its not a command yet) a /p version can see ur name haha(if u want publicity that is)

14. Offline

@Scorpionvssub I don't care that much about publicity, people that know me also know that pretty much every plugin that ends with "likeme" is my work :p

15. Offline

Scorpionvssub

@timtower well yea i figured as much hahaha never found a plugin called "likeme" being by someone else while im sure they are out there hahaha

i do like this plugin i must say 1 of the better 1s out there so for me, if it has those things u said or atleast the first 1 i'd say cant get any better hahaha

16. Offline

@Scorpionvssub There is 1 other plugin that ends with likeme, and I know who it is. Good friend.
    And I actually want to change the generator as well, so you can have advanced paths with different blocks, blocks above the road etc, rectangular plots instead of square only.
    And maybe even an option to be able to pull 2 plots together, building over the road with a bridge.

17. Offline

Scorpionvssub

@timtower haha that would make 1 hell of a plugin a must have so to speak :p i need a plotworld plugin for the prison server and this 1 we had before a while back for creative purposes(just didnt know the name) but seeing it again now i remember it just from looking at it.

If you dont mind me asking, when are you planning on attempting these alterations or upgrades i should say that u got planned.

18. Offline

@Scorpionvssub I don't really have a date. Got multiple things that I need to work on first.
    I hope next week. But can't guarantee that.

But don't you need walls for a prison server?

Scorpionvssub likes this.
  19. Offline

Scorpionvssub

@timtower prison servers run on mines, which is where u get your blocks from, the plots are where people build or make shops, the way the roads look well thats user onlys choice. the plots just act as an area for people to build their builds not much at that. as for a wall, define "wall"

Hope you can :) i got the time dont wanna rush you ofcourse.

20. Offline

@Scorpionvssub Walls as in cells (that you generally have in a prison :p)
    That explains a lot.

21. Offline

Scorpionvssub

@timtower Prison servers arent accuall prison lol XD its just mining blocks then sell em rank up, till your "free" then u got a survival world u can go to, additionally servers add higher ranks above free that u can gain after ur a free man.

But for plots, its just like the picture and what i suggested about 1 plot or 2 depending on given permissions.
    The roads if the plugin wont do it, ill do those with world edit takes some time but then...thats not a problem :p

Even though the world edit i got now has a major stack issue :(

22. Offline

Scorpionvssub

@timtower Any updates regarding this? or idea when u may be able to do some of it?

23. Offline

24. Offline

Scorpionvssub

ahh been buzy :p ill checkup on it some time this week then :)

25. Offline

@Scorpionvssub Made some progress.
    I can now make rectangular plots, like 8*16 etc. Size isn't limited.
    But I have some issues with the walls currently, I want them to be buildable but I can only get 1 side working currently. Will do some more stuff later this week.

26. Offline

Scorpionvssub

@timtower okay :D well its a start haha and yea i prefer general plots of 54x54(this being the outter stoneslab layer)

27. Offline

@Scorpionvssub I prefer them bigger ell, but small plots are easier for testing :p

28. Offline

Scorpionvssub

@timtower Very True! Lets hope it works :) I believe with some dedication some time and effort your plugin can become really big :p

@timtower Are you gonna add more commands to it btw? dont worry thinking that im rushing you just wondering :p

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  29. Offline

@Scorpionvssub Some commands to teleport etc. Currently having some generator issues though.

30. Offline

Scorpionvssub

@timtower haha okay and sorry not merging posts at 1s. using the edit my bad. Im guessing you want to keep the plugin somewhat simple?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.