Solved Please delete this

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by BlueMustache, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BlueMustache

2. Offline

Deleted user

BlueMustache
    That's really inefficient. Just create a new class that's an implementation of Player.

EDIT:
    Also, a BlockBreakEvent doesn't actually break anything. You need to do that manually

3. Offline

BlueMustache

zombiekiller753
    Well I figured it out.
    This is just for faking events like PlayerJoinEvent or Move or Death.
    And yes, you are the third person to tell me that. I know that it doesn't break the block, the intention is just to tell the server a block was broken. That was the whole purpose of me making this.

4. Offline

Traks

A lot of people have also advised you to create a custom implementation of the Player interface, why haven't you done that instead? The way you did it only results in a class which is version-dependent for no good reason. Furthermore, calling an event doesn't inform the server a block was broken, it only informs possible listeners plugins have created that one was broken, as I already told you. Could you also perhaps explain the use of creating such a fake player for events? I don't quite understand what it could be used for, other than causing exceptions and mal-informing plugins.

5. Offline

Necrodoom

Traks As it appears it seems to be supposed to be written for a single, specific type of a fake player, one that is created by a mod, and is not supported here.

6. Offline

BlueMustache

Necrodoom
    100% Correct.

Traks
    Because ever one told me to figure it out myself, and I couldn't.
    So I took some old dusty code that no one ever heard from again, brushed it off, and reverse engineered it.

7. Offline

Necrodoom

BlueMustache Which means this resource is completely pointless, because its not actually supposed to do anything, or has an use.

Traks likes this.
  8. Offline

BlueMustache

Necrodoom
    You can still use it for anything, just change a few names,and the imports.
    Only the version failsafes need to be changed.
    You can replace [ComputerCraft] with say "Notch", that will work too. I could replace it with your name.

9. BlueMustache There's not all that much use in posting a resource that is, with the scope that these forums allow, useless and version dependant. Some would argue no use at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.