PlayerTimeClock

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Bluebossa3jp, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Offline

Bluebossa3jp

Possible Name : PlayerTimeClock

What I want:
    - Just a simple plugin that Records how long a player is online and with a command such as /ptc <username> where an admin can see how long a player has actually been online.
    - I dont really want anything fancy that like rewards people for being on a long time or anything like that. Just a simple light weight plugin that records the time a player has actually been online playing.

Permissions: Really all i need is a 1 permission to give an admin/mod to check the time of a player

playertimeclock.time - - - - - Player can check the play time of a specific username.

Optional:
    - Maybe have it log time daily/weekly/monthly/all-time (configurable in a config maybe?)
    if this is incorporated into the plugin may I please have a pemission.
    (these features are rather option though)

- Maybe have like a leaderboard revealing the top 10 players.

How Could I Use This?
    -This can help me with ranks by requiring players to be online for a certain amount of time before they are ranked. When I go into the ServerLog all I can see is when they 1st signed in. So if they signed in a month ago all I know is they have been on my server for a month. But that doesn't mean they have been playing for a month.

-Also when someone is only online for like 20 minutes and already has full diamond. I could fish out those who possibly are using xray.

Im sure there are more uses, that is what I know I can use it for currently.

again, thanks for reading
    -=-=-=-=- Bluebossa3jp =-=-=-

2. Offline

JazzaG

3. Offline

Bluebossa3jp

Have you used the auto rank?

Just looking at the name of "autorank" I assume it automatically ranks players up.

I didn't really want something that automatically ranked players up because I rank players according to more than just time played. I look at their home/builds/attitude/playtime/maturity and just the player as a whole. I just want to be sure they have atleast played for say like 24 hours before they become an actual ranked member of the server.

I just don't want players to stand afk and get all the way to highest rank and reap the benefits. My server has essentials that will auto kick after 10 minutes of afk but some players have made these anti-afk contraptions where water moves you in a constant square.

I was just hoping for something that logs time played. If you guys know of one that does not auto rank up players then please let me know though.

4. Offline

JazzaG

If you don't configure the chain, it won't rank players up. As for AFK-ing, I suggest enforcing a rule against AFK skipping.

5. Offline

Edge209

Bluebossa3jp likes this.
  6. Offline

Bluebossa3jp

Alright, I will try these 2 out. As long as it isn't an automatic ranking thing it should be alright. :D

Which one do you think would be less resource demanding?

oh yeah and thanks for the afkTerminator I can REALLY use this :)