Solved Players heads don't work on 1.7.9

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ArthurMaker, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ArthurMaker

Yo guys, I've updated my server to 1.7.9 and changed everything to UUIDs today, but ALL the players heads that were on my maps has "gone" (I mean, their skin is now the Steve's default).

How can I use heads now with the UUID? D:

2. I have noticed that the plugin playerheads is buggy in 1.7.9, causing server to stall on startup. Again I could be wrong it could be updated.

3. Offline

mythbusterma

It is extremely likely that player heads are now done with a UUID in their metadata instead of a player name. You'd have to place all the heads again.

4. Offline

NathanWolf

And, yet, that's exactly what has happened. EDIT: I originally read your post as "extremely unlikely". Well, at any rate, I don't think you should have to place the heads again- but I'm not sure on that.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Chunk_format#Tile_Entity_Format

Skulls now save both player name and UUID. My assumption is if player name is present but not UUID, it will look up the UUID from the name on load, or otherwise migrate them.

This was all broken in earlier builds of 1.7.9, but I thought it was all fixed up as of the released beta.

And this is all my assumption- I am of course not an official Bukkit spokesperson :) I can say that player heads have been working fine for me, though I can not say for sure I have any lying around from pre-1.7.9 I could double-check.

5. Offline

ArthurMaker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.