Solved Players can't go to nether/end

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Mike1022, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Mike1022

Hello Bukkiteers!

Recently one of my players complained to me about not being able to go the nether or the end. After further investigation I found that because my survival world is not named "world" the worlds "world_nether" and "world_the_end" do not link with it. Because of that, the only way to get to the is via command or by building a portal in the main world. After doing some research, I found that someone said that of you create a world and name it "[Your survival world]_nether" that it would automatically link it with that survival world that you created. They also said that the same thing goes for the end. Is this true? So far, I have been unable to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help!

- Mike1022

2. Offline

Taylor-PH

Hello!
    Check your server.properties files and check and see if it allows the Nether, also if you get MultiVerse you can create them as well with an in game command.
    I'm not entirely sure if they would link properly, but your best bet is to check the server.properties files and make sure they're all enabled!

3. You could go online and find nether and end files. Just slap them into your server folder and it should work. :)

4. Offline

Mike1022

Taylor-PH That is one of the first things I did after I got the complaint.

Minecraft Galaxy Downloading a new nether world would've worked if I could just create one with Multiverse.

5. Offline

andrewabosh

6. Offline

Mike1022

andrewabosh I don't see how this would help. Also, what about going to the end?

7. Offline

andrewabosh

Can I see your bukkit.yml file?

8. Offline

Mike1022

Code:
    # This is the main configuration file for Bukkit.
    # As you can see, there's actually not that much to configure without any plugins.
    # For a reference for any variable inside this file, check out the bukkit wiki at
    # http://wiki.bukkit.org/Bukkit.yml
    settings:
      allow-end: true
      warn-on-overload: true
      permissions-file: permissions.yml
      update-folder: update
      ping-packet-limit: 100
      use-exact-login-location: false
      plugin-profiling: true
      connection-throttle: 4000
      query-plugins: true
      deprecated-verbose: default
      shutdown-message: Server restarting...
    spawn-limits:
      monsters: 70
      animals: 15
      water-animals: 5
      ambient: 15
    chunk-gc:
      period-in-ticks: 600
      load-threshold: 0
    ticks-per:
      animal-spawns: 400
      monster-spawns: 1
      autosave: 0
    auto-updater:
      enabled: true
      on-broken:
      - warn-console
      - warn-ops
      on-update:
      - warn-console
      - warn-ops
      preferred-channel: rb
      host: dl.bukkit.org
      suggest-channels: true
    database:
      username: bukkit
      isolation: SERIALIZABLE
      driver: org.sqlite.JDBC
      password: walrus
      url: jdbc:sqlite:{DIR}{NAME}.db

9. Offline

andrewabosh

I do not use Multiverse but I believe you'd do something like this: If your world name was "world" you'd create a world called world_nether or world_the_end.

You'd create it like this: /mv create <world name> <world type> (i'm not to sure what the type would be, something along the lines of end, and nether - search em' up.)

10. Offline

KleinesGumi

tipp: allow-nether: false, allow-end: false, and with multiverse create Nether and end, you have better control and you can better reseting this maps.... with warp or some can you teleporting to the map!

/mv create Nether nether
    /mv create End end

11. Offline

Mike1022

andrewabosh I tried that. It didn't work.

KleinesGumi Ok I will try that. I will let you know whether or not it works.

Ok, I have tried both of those suggestions. Neither of which worked. Does anyone have anymore ideas?

I gotta go so talk to me in the morning.

Ok back.

bump

bump plzz help

12. Offline

KleinesGumi

happy new year! xD

13. Offline

Bobcat00

If you're running Multiverse, you need to get Multiverse-NetherPortals. Use the latest development builds for all. (The regular builds won't create return portals in the nether.)

Make sure your worlds are named world, world_nether, and world_the_end (or similar).

Then read the documentation to make sure you have everything configured properly:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/basics
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-NetherPortals/wiki/Simple-tutorial

14. Offline

Mike1022

Ok sounds good. What about going to the end? Also, my hub world is "world". My factions world is 'Factions'. So what should I call the nether and the end?

15. Offline

Bobcat00

I believe The End will also work. You may want to change the world scaling of The End to 16. That may be outdated information, I'm not sure.

16. Offline

Mike1022

So if I get Multiverse-Portals, it will fix the problem with the end to?

17. Offline

Bobcat00

That's my understanding, although I'm not a Multiverse expert. I just started using it recently.

I'm using these versions:
    Multiverse-Core 2.5-b677
    Multiverse-NetherPortals 2.5-b668
    Multiverse-Portals 2.5-b699

I had to manually set PVP back to true after upgrading, so you might want to check that setting.

18. Offline

Mike1022

Ok guys, I fixed it. Thanks for all the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.