Solved Players can't do anything.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jonoce633, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jonoce633

I just deleted everything in the bukkit server folder but not the plugins nor worlds. I did this so the update could generate its new files. But now players can't interact or use any items at all. I have Permissions Bukkit and have all the permissions set up already but they're not working. I tried to undo everything by deleting the new files and replacing them with the ones before but still the same problem.

2. Offline

Jade

PermissionsBukkit is old. Use PermmissionsEx or bPermissions

3. Offline

jonoce633

but on my other server it still works and it's running the same version of bukkit. I'll try and hopefully it fixes it but I don't think that's the problem.

4. Offline

Necrodoom

what is the error (if exists) when they try to build?
    also make sure you are away from spawn.

5. Offline

jonoce633

It says 'You don't have permission to use MAP' or 'You don't have permission to interact with GRASS'

I don't get it. I have to server folders with their own plugins and stuff. One is a copy of the other except I deleted some plugins and added different ones. I didn't mess with PermissionsBukkit, I left it how it was. Now it just tells me that players can't do this or that.

6. Offline

aperfidiousdane

Try posting what plugins you're using. I use PermissionsBukkit as well and it's working fine for us. I don't use any plugins that give errors like that though. I've never seen "You don't have permission to interact with" or "You don't have permission to use".

Do you have any items blacklisted in any plugins?

7. Offline

jonoce633

It says exactly this:
    'You are not permitted to use <whatever item>'

I removed PermissionsBukkit.jar and it stopped telling me that. I don't why it changed all of a sudden. The yml file is fine. The server reads PermissionsBukkit without any errors. I'm going to delete the config and rewrite all of the nodes. See if that works.

8. Offline

wowlover6877

A possibility might be this: One of your plugins controlled if a player could interact with anything and you needed a permission to interact with anything. When you deleted the PermissionsBukkit it erased all of your permissions.

9. Offline

jonoce633

Maybe.
    These are the plugins I have
    - autosaveworld
    - Bankcraft
    - blacksmith 1.0
    - Builder
    - chairs
    - ChestBank
    - CitiTraders-RC-5
    - citizens-2.0.3
    - CommandSigns
    - DeathPrice
    - denizen-0.76
    - DragonTravel
    - EpicBoss
    - Essentials
    - EssentialsAntiBuild
    - EssentialsChat
    - EssentialsProtect
    - EssentialsSpawn
    - JobSuite
    - KeepItems
    - LegendaryLibrary
    - LevelCraftReborn
    - LoginSecurity
    - Lottery_v0.7.7
    - LWC
    - mcjobs
    - MobEffects
    - MobHealth
    - MonsterApocalypse
    - PermissionsBukkit-2.0
    - PluginManager
    - Quests
    - Sentry
    - SignShop
    - SimpleClans-2.4.1
    - SimpleRegionMarket
    - StandardBooks
    - TimeDistortion
    - TreasureChest
    - Vault
    - WallClock
    - WirelessRedstone
    - WorldEdit
    - WorldGuard

K I found the problem. Some EssentialsAntiBuild settings prevent players from building or using items regardless of permissions. I disabled those settings and now I can build.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  10. Offline

aperfidiousdane

You could have posted your permissions file in pastebin for us to look at. I'd imagine there is just a permission to one of your plugins that denies the usages of certain items for people below a certain group (non-mod and non-admins)

edit: Awesome, glad to hear you figured it out. Unfortunately my posts have to wait to be approved so this will be posted late. But glad to see you got it.

jonoce633 likes this.
  11. Offline

Necrodoom

you never mentioned you gave any permissions for essentialsantibuild.jar.

12. Offline

jonoce633

i didn't. i dont need to use it since world guard pretty much does the work already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.