Solved Players can use trapdoors!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by xxXXBjornXxxx, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xxXXBjornXxxx

People can use trapdoors! My spawn has got many trapdoors on it and it's ugly when people open them! How can I disabe people open them?

2. Offline

jacobdynomite

3. Offline

xxXXBjornXxxx

4. Offline

jacobdynomite

just give me a minute I can look some up for u

5. Offline

xIxEnvYxIx

Any more ideas? I also have this problem

6. Offline

LHammonds

LWC can be used to lock it as well and does not require signs.

If you have WorldGuard, you can set the flag "use" to "deny" but that includes doors, buttons and levers.

7. Offline

xxXXBjornXxxx

I've like 10000 traps doors so it takes a very long to time to do it!

8. Offline

LHammonds

Well, if you don't like the individual solution of using LWC, then go for the faster solution to use WorldGuard, define a region and deny use.

9. Offline

xxXXBjornXxxx

LHammonds Yeah thats true, but if I set use on the deny the craftingtables, furnaces and enderchests and so wont work...

10. Offline

LHammonds

Then use more than 1 region. LoL
    The parent region can handle the main "protection" of everything...then create sub-regions to cover just the trapdoors. If you have to make a bunch of them, make 1 parent trapdoor region with the deny use flag and make all the other regions children of that region so you only have to make changes to the parent and it will affect all children regions.

11. Offline

xxXXBjornXxxx

LHammonds If I should do that I would make 1000 regions! Is there no other way to fix the problem?

12. Offline

LHammonds

I have no idea what your map looks like but I only know of 2 methods...individual locking with plugins like LWC or with larger selections like with Worldguard.

I'll see if there is a WorldGuard add-on that refines "use" to just trapdoors.

EDIT: I found this which might work for you:

WorldGuard Block Restricter

It requires WorldGuard and WorldGuard Custom Flags but you should be able to add the trapdoor as a deny block.

13. Offline

xxXXBjornXxxx

LHammonds Thank you very much it worked!!!!

14. Offline

LHammonds

You are welcome. Please edit 1st post and change dropdown to "Solved"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.