PlayerInteractEvent - Is right click air with not item in hand not work on purpose?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by NonameSL, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

NonameSL

I did a few testing and found out that Action.RIGHT_CLICK_AIR is only called whenever a player right clicks air with an item in hand.

Is this on purpose?How can I call a RIGHT_CLICK_AIR PlayerInteractEvent when a player has no item in hand?

2. Offline

quentin27230

Code:java
    1. <your variable Player>.getInventory().getItemInHand().getType().getId() == 0)

3. Offline

NonameSL

quentin27230 Nope. Fun fact - I did some research, and apperantly the problem is in line 837 in NetServerHandler:
    Code:
     ItemStack itemstack = this.playerEntity.inventory.getCurrentItem();
            boolean flag = false;
            int i = par1Packet15Place.getXPosition();
            int j = par1Packet15Place.getYPosition();
            int k = par1Packet15Place.getZPosition();
            int l = par1Packet15Place.getDirection();

if (par1Packet15Place.getDirection() == 255)
            {
                if (itemstack == null) //<--- LOOK! ITS HERE!
                {
                    return;
                }

// CraftBukkit start
                int itemstackAmount = itemstack.stackSize;
                org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerInteractEvent event = CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(this.playerEntity, org.bukkit.event.block.Action.RIGHT_CLICK_AIR, itemstack);
    As you can seem ItemStack itemstack is the current item that the player is holding. and in line 837 it says if(itemstack==null){return;}
    And that is not good. Dammit bukkit team, Y U NO CHANGE THAT? There were two changing requests in atlassasin.bukkit.org.

4. Offline

Niknea

NonameSL just add an of statement checking the item. I've done it several times.

5. Offline

NonameSL

Niknea NOPE, because as you can see in the NetServerHandler.java, the returning of the void if the itemstack is null is called before calling the event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.