Placed Blocks Disappear - NOT near Spawn point!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Rilly, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rilly

I'm having this problem with Minecraft, where if I don't have users in the ops.txt, they cannot place blocks in many different locations - they place it, and it disappears
    I know there is this limitation near the spawn points that blocks can't be created, but using a plugin, i moved all the spawn points to somewhere far away.. Yet.. they still can't place blocks near my house, or other people's houses. If I put the people in the ops.txt, then the permissions that i'm setting for various other plugins don't work (but it fixes the problem with blocks disappearing). I have to assume other people are having this problem as well? What can I do about it?
    --Rilly

2. Offline

woodzy

railly i need you to do something for me so i can help you with this.
    1, make a list of admins, mods, any higher up menbers (i.e. premiums), members, new arivels(rather for them to build or not)
    3, make a list of ur permisson nods ina text file
    4, place ur permissons and the textfile the list above in a zip folder and e-mail it to [email protected]
    ill fix it for you then e-mail it back with in 24 hours.
    ok can you do that?
    i run the most perfice server system ever error free gref free and chunk error free server =)

3. By default permission to build is disabled for everyone. You need to change build: true in config file if you use this plugin.

Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix:
                suffix:
                build: true   <--- i had this false and wondered why nobody can mine or build

4. Offline

Rilly

This isn't a permissions problem - if I disable all bukkit plugins it still happens if a user isn't in the ops.txt file; however, it has become an issue now because ops.txt overrides the permissions, so restrictions like LWC on chests are suddenly invalid until i remove them from the ops.txt file.

(Zaflis - I have build = true already)- They can build elsewhere, just not around certain locations. This location used to be a spawn location, but I moved it elsewhere (it is a warp location though... does that matter?)

5. Offline

woodzy

ok Rilly as i said befor yes it is a permissons file error. its a common studid issue open ur permissons file in a program called NOTEPAD++ and ONE LINE AT A TIME move eace line all the to the left side edge them apply "4" spaces at a time untill that line is were it was. what ever you do DONT USE TAB it will jack up the hole dam file.

6. Offline

Rilly

ok - i'll go through that and give it a try and report back - thanks
    [MERGETIME="1299627682"][/MERGETIME]
    I tried it, but it did not help.

here is my permissions file - I added 'xxxx' so you can see its only 4 characters (but they aren't in the original permissions file).
    http://pastebin.com/3vhGXkiw

As soon as the person places the block, it disappears. IF this person travels away from my house, he can place blocks fine anywhere else.

http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/disappearing_placed_blocks

So - this is exactly my problem, but it appears that using bukkit to move the spawn point doesn't move it according to minecraft. In hmod, when the spawn point was moved, minecraft accepted it as a move.

edit: :( now that I've gone and moved all the lines to the left and add 4 spaces, none of my permissions work anymore :(
    [MERGETIME="1299632914"][/MERGETIME]
    fixed it, so -in the server.properties is the setting spawn-protection=16.. i just changed the 16 to a 0 and now they can place blocks around my house

On a side note, that means the bukkit plugin SRSpawn don't really move spawn points for minecraft, only for bukkit (which is why when the plugin is disabled, the spawn point goes back).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.