Phone Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by BananaBiscuits, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BananaBiscuits

Plugin category: Misc

Minecraft version: 1.12.2

Suggested name: ArieraPhones

What I want: I want a plugin where people can get a phone (iron_hoe:1) from the command /phones (which only OP's can do, im going to have the phones sold in a chestshop)
    and when you right click with the phone a GUI comes up for the home screen that looks like this: example1.png
    so the Blue button on the home screen is for calls, when you click on it it will give you a list of all players online, showing their skulls in the GUI and username when you hover over the skull, and when you click on one it will call them, in chat it will say -
    "%player% is calling you."
    and the player you call can right click their phone and this GUI will come up: example2.png
    it shows the skull of the person who's calling and an accept button or a decline button, so you can either accept the call or decline it.
    Once you accept a call it will be a little chat messaging system where when you speak only the person you're calling can hear, also the text will be in light blue (&b)
    And then the Yellow Button on the home screen is for text messaging, so that works just like /mail command basically. but when you click on the yellow button it will show up this GUI: example3.png
    The yellow button shows messages you've gotten, when you click it it'll show messages you've gotten in the chat, similar to /mail command.
    The green button lets you compose messages, when you click on it it'll show you a list of people online, showing their skulls, and while hovering over the skulls it says their username, and when you click on a person you want to text message, in the chat it'll say "compose message to send to %player%"
    and then you write the message in chat and it will send it to the player

Ideas for commands: /phones - gives you a phone

Ideas for permissions:
    phones.admin - lets you do the /phones command, OP only by default

When I'd like it by: ASAP

2. Offline

Dai_Kunai

This looks really nice. I kinda want to do this, but no promises. :)

EDIT: So you can only message people who are online? That's easier, but that is what you said, correct? A list of ONline players for the messages).

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  3. If not i'll be happy to make this.Can I suggest a nice feature, which would to have phone numbers / sim cards. This would also come with the addition of an address book, and when players open the call / send message menu, players from their address book appear. This means 1) for messaging, you don't either have to type the name out and 2) players can't get spammed, as they would have to give their mobile number out.

4. Offline

BananaBiscuits

tbh i was thinking offline, but i realize that would'nt work with the skulls then, so i guess online would be good.
    yeah that sounds pretty cool actually

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  5. Offline

BananaBiscuits

6. Offline

BananaBiscuits

7. Offline

BananaBiscuits

8. Sorry, hi.
    Ended up making my own plugin for Mobile Phones as I realised that no one else has really made an updated version. If you want to see progress here's to the link to my repo, which also contains a trello board which i'll be updating with where I am in the plugin. Expect me to take a while sorry. If you want one made faster or just for you, ask someone else at the moment, sorry

https://bitbucket.org/jackchap77/spigot-phone/overview

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    BananaBiscuits likes this.
  9. Offline

Caderape2

@BananaBiscuits hey, i will give a try.
    - For the text messaging, should we send the message in the chat , or just say to the receiver : hey, you have a new message ?
    - What happen if a player dies with his phone. He lose it ? We give him back when he respawn ? We remove it and he has to buy a new one ?
    - If someone else get the phone of a player. Do you allow it ?
    - Does phones have to be unique and not allow others players to use phone when they are not the owner ?

10. Offline

BananaBiscuits

thanks btw
    - first it will say in chat you have a text message and then when you right click with your phone and the gui comes up you click the yellow button and then the other gui shows up and you click that yellow button and it will show text messages you've gotten.
    - i have keep inventory on so people dont lose their stuff, but if it was off then yes they would lose it
    - yes they can use other phones
    - no you can use anyones if you get one

11. Offline

Blooby

I am also very interested in acquiring this plugin, let me know when you have it done as well! Good luck to you.

12. Offline

Caderape2

13. Offline

Caderape2

@BananaBiscuits I'm done with this plugin.
    I have to test it now. If everything work fine, i should release it tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: Okay, no problem found. I tested with 2 players. Lets see now how it goes with many players. I let you test it. If you have any problem, come back here.

Check the config.yml for information.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r93tkndun19sdxi/Phone.jar?dl=0

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  14. Offline

BananaBiscuits

alright thanks, ill test it out

15. Offline

Caderape2

@BananaBiscuits And the command is /phones. Forgot the S in the config.yml

16. Offline

Blooby

@Caderape2 How would one add their own texture to the phone?

17. Offline

Caderape2

@Blooby I dun know. Never played with textures.

18. Offline

BananaBiscuits

hey @Caderape2 could you change the item to an iron_hoe:3?
    or make it so i can make it whatever item i want?
    it works great btw

Blooby likes this.
  19. Offline

Blooby

@Caderape2uku should definitely add to where we can set the item, as well as change around the GUI items for the phone as well

20. Offline

Caderape2

3ssej_ and BananaBiscuits like this.
  21. Offline

Blooby

Doesn't seem like he even said thank you, don't know if he did, but I'd like to thank you for the work!
    @Caderape2

22. Offline

BananaBiscuits

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.