Pex Prefixes Issue

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by GoCards, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

GoCards

I know i'm doing everything right and idk the problem. I even went to the Pex Step by Step guide to make sure i'm doing everything correct. I have essentials chat plugin and I put true where it allows prefixes and suffix's. When I talk it just shows my name red GoCards. Do I need to download another plugin. Please help!

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@GoCards
    Have you tried using the command:
    If that does not work, post the guide along with all the changes you have made.

3. Offline

GoCards

That just gave me the prefix [World]

4. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

If you're using multiverse core then by default it gives you the world name in chat, go into it's config and remove the prefix option. Can you provide a picture of what your chat looks like?

5. Offline

GoCards

Attached Files:

6. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

@GoCards That is the work of Multiverse-Core like I said, go into the config for Multiverse and disable the prefix option. Also for PermissionsEX prefix to work you must have a chat plugin like EssentialsChat or preferably ChatEx.

7. Offline

GoCards

@OTF Catastrophe But I do have Essentials Chat?

Okay

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2017
  8. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

@GoCards You need to set the format for chat inside the Essentials config.yml file.

9. Offline

GoCards

10. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

11. Offline

GoCards

@OTF Catastrophe I made all the format correct in Essentials and Pex and it still wont work.

12. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

What does your chat look like after you configure it and restart the server?

13. Offline

GoCards

Attached Files:

14. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

Okay can you provide your Essentials config.yml file?

15. Offline

GoCards

############################################################
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    # | Essentials (Global) | #
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    ############################################################

# A color code between 0-9 or a-f. Set to 'none' to disable.
    ops-name-color: 'c'

# The character(s) to prefix all nicknames, so that you know they are not true usernames.
    nickname-prefix: '~'

# The maximum length allowed in nicknames. The nickname prefix is included in this.
    max-nick-length: 15

# When this option is enabled, nickname length checking will exclude color codes in player names.
    # ie: "&6Notch" has 7 characters (2 are part of a color code), a length of 5 is used when this option is set to true
    ignore-colors-in-max-nick-length: false

# Disable this if you have any other plugin, that modifies the displayname of a user.
    change-displayname: true

# When this option is enabled, the (tab) player list will be updated with the displayname.
    # The value of change-displayname (above) has to be true.
    #change-playerlist: true

# When EssentialsChat.jar isn't used, force essentials to add the prefix and suffix from permission plugins to displayname.
    # This setting is ignored if EssentialsChat.jar is used, and defaults to 'true'.
    # The value of change-displayname (above) has to be true.
    # Do not edit this setting unless you know what you are doing!
    #add-prefix-suffix: false

# When this option is enabled, player prefixes will be shown in the playerlist.
    # This feature only works for Minecraft version 1.8 and higher.
    # This value of change-playerlist has to be true
    #add-prefix-in-playerlist: true

# When this option is enabled, player suffixes will be shown in the playerlist.
    # This feature only works for Minecraft version 1.8 and higher.
    # This value of change-playerlist has to be true
    #add-suffix-in-playerlist: true

@OTF Catastrophe

16. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

17. Offline

GoCards

18. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

@GoCards Just like I figured... you didn't change the format, like at all.
    Current format: <{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
    You want something like: {GROUP} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}

That's why I linked you to the Essentials chat format wiki so you can format it.

19. Offline

GoCards

20. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

@GoCards ...I'm sorry but that was funny :')

No you're messing up a little. You have the formats correct... but you put them in the wrong spots, look above your formats and change the format that says
    format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
    to
    format: '&8[&7{GROUP}&8]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'

The place youre putting in the config is the wrong spot therefore it wont pick it up and it'll use the default one.
    http://pastebin.com/Ny1EAckT Here's a fixed version. Please look at the formatting section where I left you comments to help you in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.