Solved Pex + EssentialsChat prfixes aren't showing up?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jips4567, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jips4567

I'm having trouble with PermissionsEx mixed with Essentials Chat manager. Here are is my essentials config file and here is my Pex permissions file. When I run my server and do /pl Pex is not red. I am not added to the default member group, but I can use commands to add myself to groups and the available commands correspond to the group.. so that works. However my name is still white. I can edit the color using Essentials Chat line 667 but that's just the global color. How can I make it to where the Pex colors are what show up?

Sorry if that was confusing.. the short version: my name color only corresponds to the essentials chat setting even though I am clearly in the Pex group.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2017
  2. Offline

YoloSanta

3. Offline

jips4567

Still no color change. I see that {GROUP} was added which adds the Essentials group system, if I remember correctly. I do not want that one because it just says default. For some reason {Displayname} isn't connecting to Pex.. maybe I missed changing a boolean somewhere? Or maybe my prefixes are formatted incorrectly? (So now I still have an all white message that says "default jips456: message") Thanks for the progress though :)

Update: I added pex ranking numbers.. still nothing

Update 2: I happen to glance at the console on startup and noticed a line saying "Pex prefixes won't work until Vault is installed" so I found the plugin Vault and added it to my plugins folder.. in case anyone is stuck on this. Thread closed

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.