[PEX] Annoying error from console! + premissions.yml link![SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Dr1nKy, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dr1nKy

Hi, i get a rlly damn error from console while running my server, its about PermissionsEx, I was searching for a solution a looooong time, but still cant find it! I though that if i post a thread in the forums, that would help me ;). I dont know what's wrong with my premissions.yml, and im not sure if essentials.* exists! i was using '*' but it didnt work, i hope that at least sum1 can help me fix this ;)
    <3 Dr1nKy

My premissions.yml is here: http://pastebin.com/DsqgM5zw

Please help me!
    P.S: If you can, please make a pastebin link with my premissions.yml what is fixed and
    working ;)

NEW: The link to the error: http://pastebin.com/mUWxwKPA <- the console

P.S.S: Help meeee :(
    SOLVED!

i forgot to put a ' at the end of the prefixes of ownerand coowner, but i fixed it and its still not working ._.
    Please help!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  2. Offline

the_merciless

can u show the error and yes permissions.* is a valid node

in the group admin change '*' to just *

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

3. Offline

Dr1nKy

i dont know how to copy anything from the console, if it's possible, how?

What does the * mean? is it like '*' ?

i acctually meaned the essentials.* .......

4. Offline

Theodossis

Download the latest permissionsex?

5. Offline

the_merciless

right click the top of the console then click on edit then select all, then do the same again and do copy instead of select all.
    then you can come here and select the {}'# symbol above this box u type in and paste it into there. Delete anything that isnt neccesary such as player chat, if your not sure what to delete just paste it all. hope that makes sense.

6. Offline

Dr1nKy

The link is in the post, you can see it NEW: lalala

7. Offline

the_merciless

You have alot of permission nodes wrong, for example:

essentials.sethome.multiple.[5]

shouldnt have these [ ], so it should look like:

essentials.sethome.multiple.5

the same applys for [kitname] <itemname> [enchantmentname] [itemid] [itemname] [mob] etc etc
    and you have to replace these words with the specific item/enchantment/mod etc etc so change mob to zombie for example or if u want all mobs just change it to a *
    eg: essentials.spawner.* and u already have essentials.unlimited.item-all so u can delete the ones that say itemid or itemname.

give it a go and repaste your yml and i will recheck it and fix any errors.

ps. I dont know if this is the cause of your problem but needs to be done anyway.

8. Offline

Dr1nKy

Wow, thanks, it worked and now i dont get that error :) Problem solved!

9. Offline

the_merciless

Great if you would like me to check over your yml anyway just paste it in and i will have a look!

10. Offline

Dr1nKy

Sure, http://pastebin.com/JM6g1W31 , i added a few plugins and ranks :) and another thing, could ya help me find a good cracked server? ;)

11. Offline

the_merciless

Cracked server? im not sure what u mean.

super vip and moderator groups still contain [ ] and <> replace these and everything else looks good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.