Solved PEX - A step harder

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by FineFinn, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FineFinn

Hey guys!

Problem:

Players can buy ranks on my server. If they join for the first time, they'll have the rank 'Member'.
    I'm using Essentials Chat, so their chat format will be {Faction} [Member] {Name}: {Message}

Now, players are able to buy 8 diffrent tier 1 and tier 2 ranks. (Total of 16, tier 1 + tier 2).
    When you buy, lets say,Chemist, your chat forat will change to C {Faction} [Member] {Name}: {Message}

I'm using serversigns to give them this rank.

Here comes the problem, if a player buys a second rank, let's say Warrior,
    their chat-format should change to: C W {Faction} [Member] {Name}: {Message}

That's not happening, because when the buy a second rank, they will have the permissions of both ranks, (The only permission that comes with a rank is the kit) but not both the chat-formats. In this case, since Warrior
    was bought the most recent, the format will be W {Faction} [Member] {Name}: {Message}

The way I'm fixing this rn, is to see in the 'permissions.yml' who has multiple ranks, in this case I would've created a special rank called 'chemistandwarrior', create a custom chat-format in Essentials Chat, and give them that rank. Now that my server is growing, this is way too much work since there are many, MANY diffrent combinations of ranks.

Any solutions? The plugins I'm using in this system are PermissionsEx, Essentials-Chat and ServerSigns.

Added as files, screenshots of the ServerSigns.
    2017-07-24_16.11.52.png 2017-07-24_16.11.58.png

2. Offline

Machine Maker

@FineFinn
    1. Are the Warrior/Chemist, etc. ranks setup through PEX?

2. What are the commands the signs are running for you?

3. I did some quick googling to see what the possibility of putting a player in more that one PEX group and having both prefixes show up. It sounds like that is not the case. You might have to keep doing what you're doing even though like you said, there is a ridiculous number of combinations. Unless... you are ok making each of these classes have to be obtained in a certain order. Then you can use PEX's built-in in rank ladder system.

FineFinn likes this.
  3. Offline

FineFinn

I've found a solution, I'll just keep it this way, my community and me concluded that the chat would've been too full if somebody has 7 diffrent letters in front of his name..

Still, Thanks for helping! ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.