Personal mute

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Snowy007, May 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Snowy007

I have been searching for a plugin that lets my users mute other players.
    I have seen the plugin 'Silence' but the problem is that the mute is global.

I would like it player specific.
    player1 mutes player2.
    player1 can't see player2's messages
    all other players can still see player2's messages.

I would really appreciate it if someone could create such a plugin.

2. Offline

askmeaboutlo0m

That is actually a really neat idea.
    Though maybe it has been done yet, if not I can attempt to create it.

3. Offline

Snowy007

I have been looking and searching the plugin list for at least a few hours without any luck. I really can't seem to find a plugin that does this.

I and a lot of other players on my server would be really thankful if you could do this.

4. Offline

Noffletoff

Same here, an ignore plugin would be nice, since there are people who just don't want to hear each other talk.

5. Offline

0ffn00b

hmm i could probally make it but it would take me a while as I don't have a lot of time to code these days, I can try though.

6. Offline

DreadKyller

interseting idea, probably could use event.type.PLAYER_CHAT and override the original chat feature, and go through the players online and only send to players that are not in a hashmap<Player, Player[]>

@Snowy007 do you want it to tell the person you muted them?

EDIT!

I made it : Link

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  7. Offline

askmeaboutlo0m

Now I'm already nearly done with my own personal mute plugin ._.
    I implemented a save script and Permissions support and then saw yours. Looked at your code and mine seems a lot more "around the corner" because of saving.
    Do you mind me releasing mine too?

8. Offline

DreadKyller

@askmeaboutlo0m nope, go right ahead, I just seem to be cursed with saveing scripts, they do absolutly nothiung or give me 1000 errors per line of script...