Personal Chest Vaults

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ShakyTom, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Offline

ShakyTom

Idea:

- Allow players with a certain permission to access a chest which they can store a preset amount of items

- All chest contents are individual, the amount of items that can be stored should be based on permissions to allow users of different groups to store more items

- All item types should be able to be saved, including those with enchantments

- The chests which can be used as vaults can only be set by an admin, for example a single chest in spawn which can be used by all players

Problem i'm looking to solve:

- Current plugins use CraftBukkit to complete this which causes loads of problems with plugins that use the getOwner as it returns null.

Other Plugins:

- ChestBank is the closest plugin to what I am looking for, however it suffers from the problem I listed above and has been abandoned

Hopefully someone will be willing to take this on.

2. Offline

ShakyTom

No takers? Am I allowed to offer financial compensation for a devs time, but not actually 'pay' them?

3. Offline

np98765

Financial compensation falls under offering money, which is not allowed... So no. :p

Also, you can't expect this to be taken in one day... Some people have to wait for days, or even weeks, until it's made.

--
    And why does AlphaChest not fit your needs? It's not a physical chest, but it's honestly the same thing. It works, has permissions, everything.

4. Offline

ShakyTom

Having only a single physical chest is crucial as I don't want players opening the extra chest unless they are at the vault in spawn.

It also doesn't seem to support configurable chest sizes for different ranks.

This can be closed now - I just rewrote chest bank to use Bukkit inventories.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016