Problem/Bug PermissonEx - Essentials. Commands Not Working

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jimjams, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jimjams

Hey guys,
    My mate and I currently have a Bukkit server hosted by McProHosting up for Medieval Roleplay for us and a few mates. We have factions and factions tax set up perfectly and had EssentialsEcon working perfectly. However NPCs would not talk to players hence why I got PermissionEx to give the perms. But that in turn automatically gave everyone on the server perms for all Essentials commands. So I had to fix that also. Now however players cannot use any Essentials commands whatsoever, including balance, msg etc. I have attached the start up log, PermissionsEx permissions and config folder below with the list of plugins we are using.

I am not bad with plugins and server management but not a master by any means.

End goal: Let players use the commands set to "True" and OPs ((just one mate and i)) use all the commands.

Start Up Log: https://pastebin.com/RMELdYCh
    PermissonsEx Permission.yml: https://pastebin.com/fbRJakdv
    PermissionEx Config.yml: https://pastebin.com/cU6vFc7u

Plugins:
    PermissionsEx
    WorldEdit
    GDmotd
    Vault
    Essentials
    Massivecore
    Citizens
    Factions
    FactionsTax

Thanks guys!

2. Offline

Machine Maker

@jimjams
    At a quick glance, You have some formatting issues with the permission nodes in the GDmotd plugin.

Also, I believe the way Permissions Ex works, is it goes down the list of permissions until it hits one either giving the player the permission, or saying he cant use it. Having the "essentials.*" node before taking away other permissions will still give all players the permissions.

3. Offline

jimjams

So everything after "essentials.*" allows the player to use the set permission. So underneath "essentials.*" only add the ones i want to give them?

Also I don't really care about GDmotd at the moment.

4. Offline

Machine Maker

@jimjams
    Not quite you have to remove the ones your want first. Then give them all the permissions. That way the plugin will see that they don't have "specific.permission" and then see, "all.permissions".

5. Offline

gjacraft

when you add perms to groups make sure that there's a default group. In every group you see default: True/false. Make sure that there is one group with default: True. When players join the server, they will have those perms.

I hope this was helpful

6. Offline

Machine Maker

@gjacraft He already has that. Check his permissions.yml that he posted.

7. Offline

jimjams

I still don't get it unfortunately. Could you edit my permissions.yml? Or just give me an example of what it should look like with each step.

Thank you

8. Offline

Machine Maker

@jimjams
    In your permission list, you need to have the remove permission before giving them all permissions.

permissions:
    - -essentials.tp
    - -essentials.spawn
    - essentials.*

9. Offline

jimjams

T
    Tried that. Did not work...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.