Solved PermissionsEx Error in command syntax (FIXED)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by mikebrosbrawl, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mikebrosbrawl

Hi.
    I am currently making a minecraft bukkit server and I need a group plugin and the only one I really liked was PermissionsEx. After setting up the permissions.yml file I tried it out and it said: Error in command syntax. Through notepad++ I used something to replace tabs with spaces.. thinking maybe tabs slipped in somewhere. I tried and sure did have some tabs, checking them to make sure there were no more. There were none more. I loaded up the server again and still it says "Error in Command Syntax: Check Command Help" or whatever it is so I don't know what it is. I have lots of plugins and enabled ChatManager so I don't know whats wrong. I have a file of my permissions.yml here.
    Thank you

Permissions.yml file : http://pastebin.com/vHX1fZSy

2. Offline

Actium Praetor

Missing a space in line 5, 81, 89, 95, 101, 107, 115, 121, 128, 134, 158, 175, 181, 270, 273, 275, 283, 290, and 293. Bet those lines either have a tab in 'em, or you copied and pasted and missed a space. Items within a group's branch of the tree must be led by four spaces, and nothing else, with the exception that items within the group's "options" sub-branch have to be led by six spaces.

3. Offline

jacklin213

4. Offline

mikebrosbrawl

I did copied it and pasted the raw paste then ran the server and it still doesn't work but it does say changes were made. Idk what it is. There is no errors in the cmd or anything it just says that whenever to do any command that is part of pex

Idk why but in the raw paste or when I run in notepad++ those spacing errors aren't shown. Only in the actual paste.

Yep. Nothing helped yet.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  5. Offline

Omnitv

6. Offline

mikebrosbrawl

Did it, and pasted it but it still didn't work. Hmm...

Also..I notice names of plugins and like websites at the top of they're PEX file ontop of groups. Could anyone relate to that of that being part of the error?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

Omnitv

What errors are you getting in the console?

8. Offline

mikebrosbrawl

The only error that appears is whenever I use any /pex command. It says in dark red "Error in command syntax" thats all it says. I checked through the console and there was no errors or anything it's just the error that pops up whenever I use any command used by PEX. No errors in the console whatsoever.

9. Offline

mikebrosbrawl

Wait never mind. I was typing a something after /pex that was invalid. Thanks I just needed to copy the revised paste. Thank you! Just so you know now that this is solved my server soon will be public!

Anyone who is having this same problem just rely on these nice people to answer and also see if this thread would help you.

10. Offline

Yashjeet1234

Hello,
    I really need help with my permissions plugin (PEX) and when ever i do ./pex user [Minecraft Name] Group Set Owner. It allways says Error in syntax! Someone Help me Please!

Anyone Here?

:'( no 1 here :(((

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.