Solved Permissions.yml second opinion

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Omnitv, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Omnitv

Hey guys I shrewd up my permissions.yml file and now i cant seem to see prefixes and suffixes on my server, and i want a second opinion to my permissions.yml if there is no errors i parsed it via yaml parser and it is ok.
    So i am wondering if and of you guys can figure it out what is wrong i have checked multiple times but cant seem to find what is wrong, there is no errors coming out of my GUI at all.
    here is my permissions.YML

Pastebin LINK
    Pastie LINK

My plugin list:
    Admin chat, Command bin, Iper, Iplock, Modify my world, mwStop v0.3, NoiseNotifications, NoPL, PEX, Spectate, VoxeChatBukit, VoxelGuset, VoxelMore, VoxelPort, VoxelSniper, VoxelTimer, VoxelUpdate.

2. Offline

jaboy

if your plugin list is right (witch is not ... as the plugin is named modifyworld and not modify my world) ... you need a plugin to color the chat (like chat manager(it's a plugin that comes with pex))

and your vip rank is bad ... last time i checked ... the "*" also gives access to /op

3. Offline

Omnitv

Oh yeah i always have the habbit of calling modifyworld as modify my world. DERP
    I dont really use modifyworld alot but is there anything that i need to configure? here is the config.yml of the plugin.
    Code:
    enable: true
    message-format: <%prefix%player%suffix> &f%message
    global-message-format: <%prefix%player%suffix> &e%message
    ranged-mode: false
    chat-range: 100.0

4. Offline

KevinSeabury

1. groups:
    2. default:
    3. prefix: '[Visitor]'
    4. default: true
    5. permissions:
    6. - modifyworld.*
    7. - cookie.command
    8. - rose.command
      I don't see any group that has default: true, which should cause more problems then just not seeing prefixes.

5. Offline

Omnitv

So..uhm What is my issue? i dont quite understand, i thought the default group is a person who has not been set to a group.
    JWhy

6. Offline

JWhy

The group new users always have is not defined by the groupname 'Default', but by the subnode 'default: true' of a group.

Code:
    groups:
      Default:
        permissions:
        - zipron.tag
    Here new users won't automatically have the group 'Default', as default: true isn't set.
    Code:
    groups:
      NewUser:
        default: true
        permissions:
        - zipron.tag
    This would work, as it has default: true.

7. Offline

Omnitv

Alright thanks JWhy will test when i get back home. shuld i add this with other groups?

8. Offline

JWhy

Nope don't do it... Just add default: true for your default group, and better don't add default: false to the other groups... just for default group ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.