Permission node to use everything, for Admins?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by PlanetCraft, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PlanetCraft

Hello, Im using bPermissions and I have set up my groups.I used the '*' node for the admins permissions.When I am ingame though when I write anything in chat it says: ' The '*' node won't work with superperms! Rawr! '
    How do I get the node for admin that allows them to use every command available?
    Thanks!

2. Offline

Chrisward

Op them :) (or use a different permissions plugin)

3. Offline

PlanetCraft

What's the permission node to op someone? Thanks!

4. Offline

Chrisward

/op <person> from console. The permission to do that from in game is bukkit.command.op, though that permission doesn't make them op until they type the command.

5. Offline

ZeroZX4

try like

- pluginname.*

for example if u got essentials worldedit and multiverse

so just give them permissions like

- essentials.*
    - worldedit.*
    - multiverse.*

same goes fore the rest of plugins

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  6. Offline

PlanetCraft

Thankyou! :D

7. Offline

TheFocus

You can always just do this '*' it will make them OP without typing /op <player>

'*' is a permission Node btw

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

Chrisward

TheFocus Wrong :( He's using bPermissions, which doesn't have support for '*'

I believe it to be the ONLY permissions plugin to not support '*'

9. Offline

Sayshal

It only does if the plugin has previous Perms 3.1.6 support.

10. Offline

Chrisward

I'm pretty sure bPerms doesn't support * at all.

11. Offline

ImminentFate

Chrisward
    yes it does, but only if the plugin has it. For example, worldedit has a worldedit.* permission, so it will work. However if it did not have its own "*" node, bpermissions would not automatically recognize it as meanie the entire plugins

12. Offline

Chrisward

ImminentFate didn't they remove the support for that :confused: I might talk to the dev so I can understand what's going on xD

13. Offline

ImminentFate

they removed the node from their plugin: however, if worldedit has it coded in, then it recognises it as a permission node:
    For example:
    in the old system (where * was allowed)
    If you typed in plugin.* the permissions system would automatically run through every available permission and add it in.
    Now, the plugin has to provide that reasoning. So, plugin.* really is a name for "everything". Its just a permission to do everything in one node.
    Like worldedit.wand lets you use the wand
    worldedit.chunk lets you use the chunk tool
    worldedit.* lets you use worldedit
    bPermissions recognises it as a permission node, nothing more

14. Offline

Chrisward

Ah, we're talking about '*', not 'plugin.*'

15. Offline

ImminentFate

similar thing though.
    If the * node represented something specific ( like bukkit.everything for example) it would work. Since it does not, bpermissions has nothing to retrieve the information from, so it prints out the error message

16. Offline

headgearhair

I have bPermissions and I want to add an op node to the owner group I made. My only question is: is the node - '*' or - *

17. Offline

Jade

Necro.^ Either way, bPermissions doesn't support the * node. It does support it in a sense, if the plugin has a xxxx.* node. PermissionsEx and GroupManager support the * node, and to enter it there, it would be - '*'

18. Offline

KingPsychopath

Use '*' Like they all said

19. Offline

Chrisward

I thought the equivalent for bPerms was - *.*

Not that it was reflected above, since this is an old post, (please don't revive old posts)

20. Offline

KingPsychopath

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.