Permanent Chunk Error After Crash

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TheTennessee, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheTennessee

Okay, I got what can only be described as a permanent chunk error after a crash. I didn't realize it happened for a few days after said crash, but I can imagine when it happened. We've built alot, and the cost of rolling back to replace the chunk would be pretty high. The chunk disappeared, and after some testing, I realized it looks JUST like a normal chunk error, but it's both server and client side. I built a block within the chunk and it worked, and also, it hasn't come back after a few days after discovery.

What I am wanting to know is, is there some way to get that chunk to respawn? Like... rebuild it using the seed? It has the corner of a building in it, but that can be rebuilt. I also am not sure what it would take to get the chunk out of a previous save, and yes, I do backup every few days.

Can anyone help me out here?

2. Offline

Zaros

Find out the coordinate of the chunk, and delete it in the world folder. That will have it regenerate the way the seed would have it.

3. Offline

TheTennessee

That's going to be like... the coordinates of the world / 16 right?

4. Offline

Zaros

5. Offline

TheTennessee

Thank you very much, I am going to try the chunk regenerate first. It would definitely help if I find any more spots that this happened. I'll let you know if it worked for me.

It worked, but I found out that the chunk that got destroyed was actually the 0,0 chunk. Well, I regenerated it, but it made just a square lake. I just filled it in with smooth stone and dirt, and now it is fine, although whatever was under it probably will not be. Still, it's fine. I am happy it is filled in now.

Thanks for all your help.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  6. Offline

Zaros

No problem. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.