Per-World Inventories and Per-World XP

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Xp10d3, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Xp10d3

Hello! Before you say "BungeeCord" I don't want to get a VPS or whatever; I know it degrades my server and stuff but I prefer just one server. Cheaper and I already have a few PerWorld stuff on it. Anyway...

Plugin Category: I have no idea, sorry
    Minecraft Version: 1.15.2
    Suggested Name: I don't really care, but PerWorldInventories?
    What I Want: Yes, I know PerWorldInventories exists but according to a bunch of comments it doesn't work well. People lose their stuff, and if it does work the armor doesn't end up being per-world. But I basically want the same thing (except without the bugs, of course): Specify specific worlds for the inventories to be separate in. I'm fine if you just take the source code (on the Spigot page) and fix the bugs, but I do want this to work for Bukkit as well and not just Spigot/Paper.
    Ideas for Commands: None, I guess, unless you want to have the config be changed via in-game as well.
    Ideas for Permissions: None as well, I guess. Unless you are using commands.
    When I'd like it by: As soon as possible :)

Plugin Category: Again, no idea...
    Minecraft Version: 1.15.2
    Suggested Name: Again, I don't really care ;) PerWorldXP is fine if you can't think of one
    What I Want: I couldn't find a plugin that does this, so I apologize if there is one. Kinda the same thing as the PerWorldInventories thing. There is a config that you can separate the XP gain/levels in.
    Ideas for Commands: Same as PerWorldInventories. I don't really need any unless you want the config to be changed via in-game.
    Ideas for Permissions: Same as PerWorldInventories. None unless you are making commands.
    When I'd like it by: As soon as possible :)

EDIT: If you want to combine the two into one I'm cool with that as well.

AlwaysAllstar likes this.
  2. Offline

wand555

Do you only seperate between overworlds or also nether and end. Also do you want it to support "nether only worlds" too, or should an overworld, nether and end strictly be handled together?

3. Offline

Neymar11

I will try this also!

Xp10d3 likes this.
  4. Offline

Xp10d3

I think the overworld, nether, and end should be strictly handled together. I don't really want nether only. Good catch
    Ex. If there are the worlds...
    Code:
    world
    world_nether
    world_end
    Spawn
    Survival
    Survival_nether
    Survival_end

And the config looks like this:
    Code:
    inv:
      world:
        - world
          - world_nether
          - world_end
        - Spawn

Inventories will be separated in Spawn and world, world_nether, and world_end. But since world_nether and world_end are the child of world, I'll have the same inventories in world, world_nether, and world_end but different inventories in Spawn. Same with Exp. Sorry; I didn't specify that I wanted the childs of one world to be the same. It would kinda be weird having different inventories in the nether and end than the overworld.
    @Neymar11 Okay! Tysm :D

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  5. Offline

Xp10d3

6. Offline

Neymar11

@Xp10d3 Sorry it is taking a little longer since I am a little busy. But so far I am almost finished. I changed the configuration file a little, but it is only minor changes. Also, bear in mind that I am pretty new to minecraft development, so it might not be perfect but I am open to criticism and suggestions.

Btw I noticed you also do development and I am just wondering why you requested it and didnt make it yourself?

Xp10d3 likes this.
  7. Offline

Xp10d3

Okay, that's alright :) Thanks for letting me know. To answer your question I just started High School and am busy as heck. I also am somewhat new to Java even though I have multiple years of coding experience. I also don't really have an idea on how to tackle this kind of challenge :p

8. Offline

Neymar11

@Xp10d3, ow okay then. Same here with me. A lot of experience with other languages but almost none with Java and plugin development.

Here is my git repository.

So far the inventory and experience changing is working for me. You can find an example config in the repository and a release.
    What is missing currently is to save the inventories to a file so they are kept after server restarts. If @Xp10d3 or anyone else has some feedback on my code, please do let me know :D! This is after all my first plugin in a longer time and want to know if I am making any mistakes. Thanks!

Xp10d3 likes this.
  9. Offline

Xp10d3

Thank you so much! I really appreciate this :) I'll let you know if their are any bugs. Once you are completely finished let me know :D

EDIT: A few suggestions; when changing worlds maybe just broadcast it to all staff who have the world.broadcast permission. Other then that, this looks excellent! Code is super clean :)

AlwaysAllstar likes this.
  10. Offline

Neymar11

Thanks! Yea the broadcasts are for debugging purposes, I forgot to remove all of them :oops:. When do you exactly need this done?

Xp10d3 likes this.
  11. Offline

Xp10d3

Preferably in the next week or two.
    EDIT: Just tried out the plugin! It works perfectly!! Tysm! I don't see any bugs atm :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Neymar11 likes this.
  12. Offline

Xp10d3

@Neymar11 Have you finished the plugin? :) If not that's fine; I don't really to save the inventories to a file unless you still want to do it?

13. Offline

Xp10d3

@Neymar11 I have an issue where OP's inventories/exp is not saved but when deoped this doesn't happen. Do you have a solution?

14. Offline

Xp10d3

Bumpppppppppppp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.