People can No Longer connect to the Server. Used to, but now can't.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Valgor, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Valgor

Today my friends could connect to the Server, and everything was fine, they all logged off. Now one of them cant connect (and possibly the other who is unable to try and connect right now).
    The problem is, I have checked my firewall settings (I have all the port allow for UDP and TCP set up) I checked my router Port Forwarding its fine, and I checked my antivirus software and its fine. I have tried disabling all plugins and he still cant connect, I have checked my IP address and ports all is good. I have gone back and looked at what I did while they were offline and changed it back (wasn't much other than building in game stuff).
    The only think worth mentioning that I did was install H2 to try and get BigBrother to work, I later uninstalled H2 and removed bigbrother from my server.

Anyways, here is some other info that might help:
    1. What OS are you using (Brand and version - Ex. Windows XP SP3)? Windows 7 Home

2. What architecture is the OS you are running (x64 or x86)? x64

3. What version and architecture is your java install? (Type: java -version in command prompt.) Java Version: "1.6.0_15" Odd... I Literally just (60 seconds ago) updated java and it still says that version

4. What build of CraftBukkit are you running? (do NOT say latest. Say the build number.) I Believe it is 823 if I am reading it right.

5. What command are you using to run your CraftBukkit server? [This is in a .Bat File]
    @ECHO
    OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    PAUSE

6. What plugins are you running? I Am Running: Bedrock Control, CannonBall, Essentials(including chat, groupbridge, groupmanager, and protect), MonsterBox, MoveCraft, PorteCoulissante, and WorldEdit.

7. What error are you getting (post your server.log file if possible)? No Errors, just people can't get on.

Thanks in Advance guys.

2. Offline

Liberality

do they get an error when they attempt to log in?

3. Offline

Valgor

Ah, that's another thing, They do not show up at all in the console when they try and connect.
    I started to think that it was my friend who had the problem and not me (again cant verify until my other friend can try)
    Until I tired using canyouseeme.org or whatever and it can NOT see me the reason was connection timed out.
    This now brings me back to thinking its me somehow...
    Also, I myself can connect from the same machine, I do not have another machine capable of testing right now however.

4. Offline

DiViiNe

It could be because your ip changed, unless you are using hamachi or you are using a static ip then your ip might change every so often, just find out your ip, and see if it has changed

5. Offline

Valgor

I did that too, I used the whats my IP google search and it is still the same as before.

Also My friend gets the error on his minecraft connection screen: "Failed to Conect to the Server, Connection Timed out: Connect."
    It is sounding like my IP or Port isnt working in some way, which that canyouseeme site said taht it failed to connect via my port somehow (it verified my IP), but I have checked checked and re-checked my AV, Firewall, and Router settings...

Just got the Vanilla Server to work fine... And the CanYouSeeMe says that it Can't connect while the bukkit server is running, but while the vanilla is, it Can access through the port just fine... I am thinking that my bukkit blocked somhow, but I don't know where to unblock it.
    I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2011.
    Anyone have Ideas?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  6. Offline

DiViiNe

Try phoning your ISP, and see if they have blocked part of your connection maybe?

7. Offline

Valgor

*Bump

EDIT: I am going to give that suggestion a go when I can later today DiViiNe, Although it does seem like we are getting to the last resort suggestions... Anyone Else have ideas?
    I think it might have something to do with the H2 program, anyone else know about this program?

8. Offline

Valgor

Ok, I fixed it! I ended up trying a system restore (20/20 hindsight... I am stupid) and it fixed it!
    I am almost positive that a program called H2 caused this
    DO NOT INSTALL H2!!!
    Anyways, thanks guys.

9. Offline

Waffletastic

I'm having this same issue, only I can't do a system restore, and I don't think I downloaded H2, can anybody help??

10. Offline

Valgor

Did you do all the steps that I did? port forwarding, unblocking in windows firewall and in your AV firewall? and did you give your friends your external IP?

11. Offline

TheTrixsta

try updating bukkit the 923

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.