Pasting doors

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Weasel_Squeezer, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Weasel_Squeezer

I am currently using WorldEdits schematic functions to handle copying loading, and pasting sections of worlds in one of my plugins, and it works very well except for one thing, and that is doors being placed. WorldEdit fails to paste doors properly because every time they are placed, they immediately break of as a door item. I do not want to copy world edit code and modify it, because I have tried that and it isn't fun.
    Any ideas how to solve this issue?

2. Offline

Bancey

Weasel_Squeezer Have you tried setting a solid block below the door and then adding the door on top?

3. Offline

Weasel_Squeezer

I've tried everything. Even using world edit to set a sing block, 2 blocks tall, using data values, everything. I dont like doors haha

has anyone had any experience with door placing?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  4. Offline

Gamecube762

Weasel_Squeezer
    Its how WE places the blocks, sometimes the top half of the door gets placed before the bottom half of it, or the bottom gets placed before the supporting block is placed. The only way I can think to fix it is to disable the block updates, then the doors wont have a reason to break.

You can try /stoplag (it stops all block updates, removes all mobs in the loaded chunks and any chunks that become loaded, stops firespread/liquidspread) and /stoplag -c to turn off the command. Use at your own risk, because it could remove the mobs in farms, glitch redstone machines and cause floating sand/liquids. The command was meant to stop all stuff that could lag the server. (command comes with WorldGuard)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.