Solved Particles problem.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by xFoundation, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys,

Today I have a problem with my code.

[​IMG]

How to reduce the amount of particle ?

I have this code:

Code:
    World world = e.getPlayer().getWorld();
                        world.playEffect(blocktoadd, Effect.STEP_SOUND, Material.DIAMOND_BLOCK);

Usefuls informations: It's for a railgun game. With a right-click, i'm shooting fireworks to instakill players. I wanted to add an effect (diamond particles) in the location : blocktoadd (it's a BlockIterator).

Thanks for the help!

2. Offline

ipodtouch0218

Quakecraft? Hmmm...

Anyway, are you using 1.8? In later versions of Spigot/Bukkit, you can spawn particles separate using World#spawnParticle

3. It looks hard hmm

4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

ipodtouch0218 likes this.
  5. @Zombie_Striker
    I tried this:

Code:
    int count = 5;
    p.getWorld().spawnParticle(Particle.BLOCK_DUST, blocktoadd, count, Material.DIAMOND_BLOCK);

6. Offline

Zombie_Striker

7. @Zombie_Striker

I did this, it work but i don't know how to set the material (for the particle type)

Code:
    p.getWorld().spawnParticle(Particle.BLOCK_CRACK, blocktoadd, 0, 0, 0, 0, 57);
    I wrote 57 because it's the ID of diamond block.

Thanks!

8. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@xFoundation
    Block Crack is different than Block Dust. Block crack is the 'particle' that displays when you are mining a block (the cracks in the block). BLOCK_DUST is what you want.

9. @Zombie_Striker

I wrote this:
    Code:
    p.getWorld().spawnParticle(Particle.BLOCK_DUST, blocktoadd, 5, 0, 0, 0, 57);
    5 for the amount of particles, and 57 for the diamond particle but it doesn't work :/

With BLOCK_CRACK:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  10. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@xFoundation
    57 is actually the data for TNT, though I do not know why the textures would be bugged. Change it to 68 (Diamond Block) and see if that fixes the problem.

11. @Zombie_Striker

I have always the same particles :/

Code:
    p.getWorld().spawnParticle(Particle.BLOCK_CRACK, blocktoadd, 2, 0, 0, 0, 68);

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  12. It works ! Thanks

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.