Problem/Bug Palmer Games Towny Advanced Not Working

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Sooshi_Burrito, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sooshi_Burrito

Hi guys,

So I am working on a towny server and everything seems to be working right- with the exception of towny. So what happens is; everything works fine until I try and edit the config. When I do, it gives me this error when I go back into the game and try and make a new town:

Unclosed character class near index 16 [^a-zA-Z0-9._[]-]

Before I get the error I mentioned above, I actually get locked in safe mode and the debug states that player files are missing. So then I deleted the player profile documentation and reload the server, which makes it work and takes it out of safe mode, but gives me the "Unclosed character class near index 16 [^a-zA-Z0-9._[]-]" error once I try and make the new town.

Am I missing a towny file or something? When I do /t new, it prompts me to give a name, but when I do specify the name, it gives me the "unclosed character class" thing.

My console is this if it helps:
    Code:
    [04:03:36] [pool-3-thread-2/WARN]: [Towny] Plugin Towny v0.92.0.0 generated an exception while executing task 37 java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Unclosed character class near index 16 [^a-zA-Z0-9.[]-] ^ at java.util.regex.Pattern.error(Pattern.java:1955) ~[?:1.8.0_91] at java.util.regex.Pattern.clazz(Pattern.java:2548) ~[?:1.8.0_91] at java.util.regex.Pattern.sequence(Pattern.java:2063) ~[?:1.8.0_91] at java.util.regex.Pattern.expr(Pattern.java:1996) ~[?:1.8.0_91] at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Pattern.java:1696) ~[?:1.8.0_91] at java.util.regex.Pattern.(Pattern.java:1351) ~[?:1.8.0_91] at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Pattern.java:1028) ~[?:1.8.0_91] at java.lang.String.replaceAll(String.java:2223) ~[?:1.8.0_91] at com.palmergames.bukkit.util.NameValidation.filterName(NameValidation.java:135) ~[?:?] at com.palmergames.bukkit.util.NameValidation.checkAndFilterPlayerName(NameValidation.java:50) ~[?:?] at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.db.TownyDatabaseHandler.getResident(TownyDatabaseHandler.java:115) ~[?:?] at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.Towny.hasPlayerMode(Towny.java:639) ~[?:?] at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.Towny.hasPlayerMode(Towny.java:633) ~[?:?] at com.palmergames.bukkit.towny.tasks.DrawSmokeTask.run(DrawSmokeTask.java:28) ~[?:?] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:53) ~[craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-94b0980] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:52) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-94b0980] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:1.8.0_91] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:1.8.0_91] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_91]
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.