Other players unable to join

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Todd794, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rwembee

@bugolf

1. make sure the original server is terminated
    2. see if windows firewall is blocking java.exe or javaw.exe
    3. make sure the server-ip in server.properties is empty
    4. double check the server-port in server.properties is 25565 (or that you append the correct as :# to the ip when you connect)

2. Offline

biblelucas

i did every thing but it still makes my friends say timed out. Its funny that i can still log on to the server my self look here for all of the details i aredy pu. Help!!!
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/my-bukkit-server-doesnt-work-my-server-does-not-show-up.39558/ really not joking its not funny either. :(

3. Offline

bugolf

I did everything it is still not working

4. Offline

biblelucas

IKR its soo annoing i think its like computer or something

5. Offline

bugolf

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this problem. My friends have been asking for the server to run bukkit and I haven't gotten it to work so far

6. Offline

biblelucas

i heard that you can reset your router but i cant because i have comcast and if i do it, comcast people has to re-program the freaken router.... :(

7. Offline

biblelucas

i found a solution. When checking the port, make shure your server is running. Make shure there is nothing on yor ip adress on the .properties. Next got to dyn.com and make a ddns account for your dynamic ip and then shut down the server and then restart, check if the port is open again. This is how i got my server working.

8. Offline

bugolf

Oh goody, I tried useing a DDNS and it STILL wont work. Bukkit is starting to annoy me now.

So has everyone given up on trying to help me?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  9. Offline

biblelucas

If you have something like VOIP like ooma or other voip stuff take it out.

10. What firewall are you using and what model is your router?

11. Offline

Rwembee

The problem is here. Either the local IP has changed, windows/software firewall is blocking it, or you have the port wrong. Post your server.properties, or maybe try a fresh install with this: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/cr...r-beginners-minecraft-1-8-1-compatible.26555/

12. Offline

biblelucas

just shut down the firewall and test if it works. Then if it doesnt work, take all of the the power cables starting form the modem to the router, then wait 10 seconds and work your way up starting from the modem and the next machine that is connected to the modem and so on.

13. Offline

jkelley2

i have the same error but on linux ubuntu can someone help me please

14. Offline

GoldCalibur

I've been having the same problem. I have created the server and it is running. I am able to log onto it from the same machine that it is running on as well as an additional machine. I can connect using my IP as well as a Hamachi IP. I have forwarded port 25565 on my D-Link router. The only problem I am having is that someone else is unable to log on to my server using any of these methods, they are given a notice saying "connection timed out". The server does not see their attempt to log in. I checked the rest of this thread before posting and tried all three startup scripts that were posted, they did not help. Does anyone have any further suggestions?

15. Offline

piefaze

Hi I have a bukkit server and Other people cant join only i can, can somebody please help. I have read through all the comments and nothing has worked Please help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.