Other Players unable to connect to the server.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Bar3lyBlind, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Bar3lyBlind

Hello, my name is Bar3lyBlind. Usually, i know how to fix this problem, but i tried everything i could, and now i can't fix it. So there is no error message in the config of the run.bat. I gave them my server IP and it says "Unable to Connect to server". So it doesn't say that it can't resolve host name so it says it's on, but it just can't connect. So will please give me help? Thanks <3

2. Offline

Iroh

Do you have static ipv4? Do you have portforwarding?

3. Offline

Bar3lyBlind

Iroh Don't know what that is... and i didn't have static when it was working before, it seems like when the update came out it stopped working, and yes i am portfowarding.

4. Offline

Iroh

You need to set up a static ip so you don't have to keep re-portforwarding. What I mean - When you port forward you are forward to a 192.168.1.*** address specified by your router when you restart you may be give a new 192.168.1.*** address you need to set it up so you always have the same internal ip(or ipv4).

5. Offline

Bar3lyBlind

Iroh Set it up... don't know if it's gunna work or not.. trying it now.
    Edit: It did not work.

6. Offline

bossomeness

Bar3lyBlind
    If you don't know a whole lot about IPs, then I would recommend using a program called Portforward (I think).
    Here's the link:
    Portforward

7. Offline

Bar3lyBlind

Already know about that.
    Edit: Tried it before didn't work.

8. Offline

bossomeness

Tried it before and didn't work as in...
    couldn't connect to internet...
    etc...

9. Offline

Bar3lyBlind

bossomeness No one could connect to the server besides me because of the :25565 thing.

10. Offline

bossomeness

Bar3lyBlind
    You use the program to set up a static IP. This makes it so your IP just doesn't randomly change.
    Then, you go into your router settings, and port forward from there.

11. Offline

Bar3lyBlind

Ahhh ohk lemme try that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.